FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
Reg. No. G2643 (Act 36/1947)
Namibia Reg. No. V99/24.4/501 NS0
For the active immunisation of cattle and sheep against anthrax, botulism and blackleg.
Contains toxoids obtained from cultures in a liquid medium of suitable strains of Clostridium botulinum types C 1 + 2 and type D, and anacultures of Clostridium chauvoei inactivated in such a manner that immunogenic activity is retained.
Suspension of living spores of an uncapsulated avirulent strain (Sterne 34F2) of Bacillus anthracis.
MODE OF ACTIONSTORAGE INSTRUCTIONS
The active component, when injected into a healthy, susceptible animal stimulates the immune response against these diseases.
Immunity is established within 3 to 4 weeks after inoculation, and lasts for at least 1 year.
- Store between 2 °C and 8 °C.
- Do not freeze.
- Protect from light.
- Withdrawal period: do not slaughter animals for human consumption within 2 weeks of vaccination.
- Usually no marked reaction follows vaccination although a transient swelling may appear at the site of inoculation.
- Some animals may show a moderate rise in temperature for 1 or 2 days.
- As usual with all vaccines, absolute immunity cannot be guaranteed in all animals. Therefore, it is advisable to consult a veterinarian regarding additional control measures, instead of relying on the vaccine alone.
- As with all vaccines, occasional hypersensitivity reactions may occur. In such cases, appropriate treatment such as adrenaline and/or antihistamines should be administered without delay.
- Dispose of any unused vaccine as well as all empty vaccine containers and vaccination equipment as per local waste disposal regulations.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this vaccine has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. f this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
Concurrent administration of antibiotics to vaccinated animals is contraindicated as the antibiotic will interfere with the vaccine.
Antibiotics should not be given for several days before and after vaccination.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE - USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
Dosage: Cattle and sheep 2 mℓ
Recommendations for cattle:
Calves should first be vaccinated at 6 months of age. A booster inoculation with Duovax (G2328) should be administered 4 to 6 weeks post initial vaccination. A single annual booster with Supavax® is recommended thereafter.
For adult animals that have never been immunised before, vaccinate first with Supavax® and boost 4 to 6 weeks later with Duovax (G2328). A single annual booster with Supavax® is recommended thereafter.
Recommendations for sheep:
Sheep should first be vaccinated at 4 months of age. A booster inoculation with Duovax (G2328) should be administered 4 to 6 weeks post initial vaccination. A single annual booster with Supavax® is recommended thereafter.
For adult animals that have never been immunised before, vaccinate first with Supavax® and boost 4 to 6 weeks later with Duovax (G2328). A single annual booster with Supavax® is recommended thereafter, especially before any operation likely to produce wounds (lambing, docking, castration and shearing).
In case of long fleece, it is necessary to make sure that the needle has penetrated the skin before injecting the product.
Container should be shaken before use.
Inoculate by subcutaneous injection.
Part used containers should be disposed of at the end of each day's operation as per local waste disposal regulations, since under field conditions it may be difficult to avoid accidental contamination of the vaccine.
Only sterile needles and properly sterilised vaccinator should be used. In order to maintain proper hygiene, it is advisable to change to clean sterile needles as frequently as possible.
10 mℓ, 20 mℓ, 50 mℓ, 100 mℓ, 150 mℓ and 250 mℓ
Intervet South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
20 Spartan Road, Spartan
Tel: +27 (0) 11 923 9300
Fax: +27 (0) 11 392 3158
P O Box 15147, DTO 5
DATE OF PUBLICATION OF THIS PACKAGE INSERT
17 December 2003