FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
Reg No. G3925 (Act 36/1947)
The product is used to increase weight gain and improve feed efficiency for up to 200 days when administered once to steers and bulls fed in confinement for slaughter.
Each implant contains:
200 mg of Trenbolone acetate and 40 mg 17ß-oestradiol.
- Store unopened product below 25 °C.
- Use product before the expiry date.
- Withdrawal Period: Meat and offal - 70 days
- Do not slaughter animals for human consumption within 70 days of the pellet being implanted in the ear.
- DO NOT USE IN ANIMALS INTENDED FOR BREEDING PURPOSES, OR IN DAIRY ANIMALS.
- Handle with care. Harmful if swallowed.
- Implant pellets behind ear only. Do not use implant site for human or animal consumption.
- Store away from food and feed.
- Dispose of any empty containers/cartridges as per local waste disposal regulations and do not re-use for any other purpose.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- Do not use in pregnant animals.
- Do not use in lactating animals.
- Do not use in breeding animals.
- Do not use in calves to be processed for veal.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE - USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.
- A cartridge consists of 10 implants each containing 10 small tablets. A single implant is placed under the skin by means of a special implanter. (Refer to implanter instructions).
Fig. 1 – Ear of bovine ready for implantation
Site of implantation
After appropriately restraining the animal to allow access to the ear, cleanse the skin at the implant needle puncture site.
The site of implantation is the soft skin on the posterior aspect of the ear.
The implant should be placed as far from the head as is possible without inserting the implanter into the area where the skin is firmly attached to the cartilage.
THE IMPLANT MUST NOT BE PLACED CLOSER TO THE HEAD THAN THE EDGE OF THE CARTILAGE RING FARTHEST FROM THE HEAD.
The location of insertion of the needle is a point toward the tip of the ear and at least a needle length away from the intended deposition site.
Care should be taken to avoid injuring the major blood vessels or cartilage of the ear.
Fig. 2 – Rear view of the bovine ear showing the site for insertion of the implanter needle
Contains 100 doses in 10 cartridges with 10 implants per cartridge.
Intervet South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
20 Spartan Road, Spartan
Tel: +27 (0) 11 923 9300
Fax: +27 (0) 11 392 3158
DATE OF PUBLICATION OF PACKAGE INSERT
14 July 2011