For the treatment of infections with gastrointestinal nematodes in kittens, cats, puppies and adult dogs. In dogs Panacur® Pet Paste can additionally be used for the treatment of infections with Giardia spp.
Reg. No. G3614 Act 36/1947
Namibia Reg. No. V06/18.1.1/134
For the treatment of infections with gastrointestinal nematodes in kittens, cats, puppies and adult dogs. In dogs Panacur® PetPaste can additionally be used for the treatment of infections with Giardia spp.
Kittens and adult cats:
Infection with the following nematodes: Toxocara cati (adult stages), Ancylostoma tubaeforme (immature and adult stages).
Puppies and adult dogs up to 6kg body weight (BW):
Infection with the following nematodes: Toxocara canis (adult stages), Ancylostoma caninum (adult stages), Uncinaria stenocephala (immature and adult stages) and for Giardia spp.
Each 1 g paste contains Fenbendazole 187.5 mg
- Do not use in pregnant bitches up to day 39 of gestation.
- Do not use in pregnant queens.
- If you notice any other side effects please inform your veterinary surgeon or pharmacist.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN AND UNINFORMED PERSONS.
- Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensure as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- Read the package insert before use
- Any unused product or waste material should be disposed of in accordance with national requirements.
- Do not use after expiry date stated on the label and outer package.
- After first opening of the injector use up contents within 28 days.
Directions for Use:
USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.
Each injector contains 4.8 g paste, equivalent to 900 mg fenbendazole. The plunger has 18 graduations, each unit corresponding to 50 mg fenbendazole. The desired number of units is selected by turning a ring on the plunger.
The dose is 75mg fenbendazole per kg body weight per day on two successive days. A daily dose for 2 kg bodyweight corresponds to 3 graduations on the plunger. The resulting dosage schedule is as follows:
– up to 2 kg BW: 3 graduations of the injector daily for 2 days.
– 2.1 to 4 kg BW: 6 graduations of the injector daily for 2 days.
– 4.1 to 6 kg BW: 9 graduations of the injector daily for 2 days, etc.
Kittens, puppies and adult dogs up to 6kg BW
The dose is 50mg fenbendazole per kg body weight per day on three successive days. A daily dose for 1 kg bodyweight corresponds to 1 graduation on the plunger. The resulting dosage schedule is as follows:
– up to 1 kg BW: 1 graduation of the injector for 3 days.
– 1.1 to 2 kg BW: 2 graduations of the injector for 3 days.
– 2.1 to 3 kg BW: 3 graduations of the injector for 3 days, etc.
With infections of the Ancylostoma tubaeforme in adult cats and of Giardia spp. in dogs, a control examination and if necessary a re-treatment should be conducted within the required interval.
In ascarid infections, especially of puppies and kittens, additional repeat treatments may be necessary to fully irradicate the infections.
Advice on correct administration
The body weight of an animal to be treated should be determined as accurately as possible for the purpose of calculating the required dose.
PANACUR® PetPaste should be administered straight into the mouth after feeding by squeezing the paste from the injector onto the base of the tongue. Alternatively, the paste can also be mixed into the food.
Do not store above 25°C.
1 injector containing 4.8 g paste.
Intervet S.A. (Pty) Ltd
Co. Reg. No. 1991/006580/07