FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
NOBILIS® ND C2
Reg. No. G2872 (Act 36/1947)
Namibia Reg. No. V05/24.3/455 NS0
Nobilis® ND C2 is a live freeze-dried vaccine, indicated for the primary vaccination of chickens at 1 day of age or older against Newcastle Disease.
Each dose of Nobilis® ND C2 contains at least 106 EID50 of live, attenuated Newcastle Disease virus (NDV) strain C2. The virus is propagated in specific pathogen free eggs.
- Store in the dark between 2 °C and 8 °C.
- Do not freeze.
- Avoid prolonged or repetitive exposure to high ambient temperatures following withdrawal from the refrigerator prior to use.
- Protect from exposure to direct sunlight.
- Withdrawal period: Do not vaccinate within 21 days of slaughter.
- Accidental contact of Nobilis® ND C2 with human eyes could lead to a transient conjunctivitis.
- Immunisation with Nobilis® ND C2 alone will not provide sufficient protection against virulent Newcastle Disease. Nobilis® ND C2 should be used as a primary vaccination in 1 day old chickens to reduce the severity of reactions experienced when more virulent Newcastle Disease vaccine strains are subsequently used.
- It is advisable to vaccinate all susceptible chickens on the farm at the same time. If this is not feasible, strict separation of vaccinated and non-vaccinated chickens should be done, to prevent the spread of Nobilis® ND C2 virus to the unvaccinated chickens.
- Protect the reconstituted vaccine from direct sunlight.
- Dispose of any unused vaccine as well as all empty vaccine containers and vaccination equipment according to local waste disposal regulations
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this vaccine has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- Vaccinate healthy chickens only.
- Do not mix Nobilis® ND C2 with other vaccines.
- Use according to the number of doses as indicated on the label.
- Use the entire contents of vial once opened.
- If the spray method is used for the administration of Nobilis® ND C2, ensure that there is no iron, chlorine or disinfectants in the water.
- All containers used for reconstitution and administration of Nobilis® ND C2, must be clean and free from rust and traces of detergents and disinfectants.
- Do not use the contents of damaged vials.
- It is good vaccination practice when handling vaccines to avoid contact with the eyes, hands and clothing.
- Wash and disinfect hands and equipment after vaccination.
- Observe aseptic precautions. Ensure that all vaccination equipment is clean and sterile prior to use.
- Do not store partially used containers for future use.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE - USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
Do not open and reconstitute Nobilis® ND C2 until ready to start vaccination.
Reconstituted vaccine should be used within 3 hours after reconstitution.
Nobilis® ND C2 may be administered by spray or eye drop application.
- Spray Method
- Nobilis® ND C2 should be dissolved in cool, clean, non-chlorinated water which is free from iron. The vials of freeze-dried vaccine should be opened under water. The spray apparatus should be free from sediments, corrosion and traces of disinfectants (dedicated for use for vaccination purposes only).
- The vaccine medicated water should be sprayed evenly over the correct number of chickens, at a distance of 30 cm to 40 cm, preferably when the chickens are sitting together in dim light.
- Dissolve 1 000 doses per 250 mℓ to 500 mℓ of water and set the nozzle to produce fine droplets falling like fine rain.
- Eye Drop Application
- Dissolve Nobilis® ND C2 in Diluent Oculo-Nasal (or physiological saline solution) and administer by means of standardised dropper (usually 30 mℓ per 1 000 doses). The drop should be allowed to spread evenly across the surface of the eye. The diluent contains a dye (patent blue) which allows an easy check on the correct vaccination.
- Do not release the chicken until a swallowing motion is noticed.
Nobilis® ND C2 is safe for use as a primary vaccination from 1 day of age onwards.
The optimum time and method of the first administration and revaccination with a secondary vaccine depends largely upon the local situation. Therefore, the advice of a veterinary surgeon should be sought.
Duration and intensity of the immune reaction and the establishment of a solid immunity are dependent on the possible presence of maternal antibodies and in general on the health and condition of the chickens. Hygiene and management are also important in the post vaccination period.
Vials containing 1 000 and 2 500 doses.
Intervet South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
20 Spartan Road, Spartan
Tel: +27 (0) 11 923 9300
Fax: +27 (0) 11 392 3158
Intervet International B.V.
35 Wim de Körverstraat
Boxmeer, The Netherlands
DATE OF PUBLICATION OF PACKAGE INSERT
4 May 2011
Zimbabwe Reg. No. E2013/80.23.17/9680
Pharmacological classification: 802310
Distribution category: VMGD