FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
Reg. No. G2064 (Act 36/1947)
Namibia Reg. No. V95/24.4/495 NS0
For the active immunisation of cattle, sheep and goats against anthrax.
Contains a suspension of living spores of uncapsulated avirulent strain (Sterne 34F2) of Bacillus anthracis.
- Store between 2 °C and 8 °C.
- Do not freeze.
- Protect from light.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE - USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
- Since the immune response to the anthrax component depends on multiplication of the living organisms after injection, the administration of antibacterial drugs should be avoided wherever possible from shortly before and until 2 weeks after vaccination.
- The inoculation of animals late in pregnancy should be avoided unless there is a serious risk of disease.
- As with all vaccines occasional hypersensitivity reactions may occur. In such cases consult a veterinarian.
- Usually no marked reaction follows vaccination although a transient swelling may appear at the site of inoculation and an animal may show a rise of temperature for 1 or 2 days.
- Partially used containers should be disposed of at the end of each day's operation in accordance with local waste disposal regulations, as under field conditions it may be difficult to avoid accidental contamination of the vaccine.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this vaccine has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
|Dosage:||Cattle - 1 mℓ|
|Sheep and Goats - 0,5 mℓ|
- The bottle should be shaken well before doses are withdrawn.
- Administration by subcutaneous injection.
- Animals should first be vaccinated at 3 to 6 months of age and annually thereafter.
- In areas where animals are likely to be subjected to continued exposure to infection, vaccination every 6 months may be advisable.
- Under normal conditions, annual revaccination will usually suffice.
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION
Can be used during pregnancy and lactation.
100 mℓ Polypropylene vials capped with synthetic rubber stopper and aluminium seals packed in an outer cardboard container. (Cattle - 100 doses, Sheep and goats - 200 doses)
Intervet South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
20 Spartan Road, Spartan
Tel: +27 (0) 11 923 9300
Fax: +27 (0) 113 92 3158
Barros Arana 5402,
DATE OF PUBLICATION OF THIS PACKAGE INSERT
15 May 2006