Ready-to-use, water-based pour-on for sheep and goats to control Karoo paralysis ticks, blowfly maggots, red lice and kills keds on sheep.
FOR EXTERNAL ANIMAL USE ONLY
Reg. No. G3172 (Act 36/1947)
Namibia Reg. No. V03/18.3.3/425 [NS0]
Ready-to-use, water-based pour-on for sheep and goats.
- Kills red lice.
- Controls Karoo paralysis ticks.
- Kills blowfly maggots.
- Kills keds on sheep.
- Contains no oil. Will not stain the fleece.
Deltamethrin 0,5 % m/v
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Withdrawal period: Do not slaughter treated animals for human consumption within 3 days of treatment. Do not use on lactating sheep and goats where milk is intended for human consumption.
- Do not use on animals severely stressed or in iLL health.
- Toxic to fish and bees. Do not empty into streams.
- Dispose of empty containers according to local waste disposal regulations and do not reuse for any other purpose.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke while handling this product.
- Wash hands thoroughly after use.
- In case of accidental contact wash affected area with plenty of water and soap.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE – USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
READY-TO-USE. Shake well.
Red lice on sheep and goats and keds on sheep
Sheep: 2 mℓ/5 kg.
Goats: 2 treatments of 2 mℓ/5 kg applied 1 month apart, provides 16 weeks (4 months) protection against red lice.
Simply apply the recommended dosage as set out below as a single strip along the backline using any dosing gun or applicator.
For best results use the Wipe‑Out® T‑bar nozzle which enables rapid dispersion.
Control of red lice and keds is achieved in 3 – 4 weeks.
Wipe‑Out® can be applied to goats and British breeds of sheep with up to 6 months fleece growth or to Merinos with a maximum of 3 months of wool growth.
For optimum results treatment (April to June) just before the lice population peak (June to August) is recommended.
Treat all animals in the flock.
Dosage recommendations for red lice and keds
|Body mass||Dose (mℓ)||Doses in 1 ℓ||Doses in 5 ℓ||Doses in 10 ℓ|
|Up to 10 kg||4||250||1 250||2 500|
|11 to 20 kg||8||125||625||1 250|
|21 to 30 kg||12||83||416||832|
|31 to 40 kg||16||62||312||624|
|41 to 50 kg||20||50||250||500|
|51 to 60 kg||24||41||208||416|
|61 to 70 kg||28||35||178||356|
|71 kg + over||30||33||166||332|
Karoo paralysis ticks
- Wooled sheep: 1 mℓ/5 kg. Repeat after 8 ‑ 10 weeks if necessary.
- Hairy sheep: 2 mℓ/5 kg. Repeat after 4 weeks if necessary.
- Goats: 2 mℓ/5 kg. Repeat every 2 – 3 weeks if necessary.
Using any suitable applicator apply the recommended dosage rate given below divided into 4 equal parts to each axilla and groin, e.g. a 60 kg sheep would receive a total of 12 mℓ given as 3 mℓ under each leg. For optimum results treatment just before the tick challenge is recommended.
Recommended dosage for Karoo paralysis tick control
|Body mass||Total dosage (mℓ)||Divided dose per leg (mℓ)||Doses in 1 ℓ|
|Up to 10 kg||2||4||4||0,5||1,0||1,0||500||250||250|
|11 to 20 kg||4||8||8||1,0||2,0||2,0||250||125||125|
|21 to 30 kg||6||12||12||1,5||3,0||3,0||166||83||83|
|31 to 40 kg||8||16||16||2,0||4,0||4,0||125||62||62|
|41 to 50 kg||10||20||20||2,5||5,0||5,0||100||50||50|
|51 to 60 kg||12||24||24||3,0||6,0||6,0||83||41||41|
|61 to 70 kg||14||28||28||3,5||7,0||7,0||71||35||35|
|71 kg & over||16||32||32||4,0||8,0||8,0||62||31||31|
|Body mass||Total dosage (mℓ)||Divided dose per leg (mℓ)||Doses in 5 ℓ|
|Up to 10 kg||2||4||4||0,5||1,0||1,0||2 500||1 250||1 250|
|11 to 20 kg||4||8||8||1,0||2,0||2,0||1 250||625||625|
|21 to 30 kg||6||12||12||1,5||3,0||3,0||833||416||416|
|31 to 40 kg||8||16||16||2,0||4,0||4,0||625||312||312|
|41 to 50 kg||10||20||20||2,5||5,0||5,0||500||250||250|
|51 to 60 kg||12||24||24||3,0||6,0||6,0||416||208||208|
|61 to 70 kg||14||28||28||3,5||7,0||7,0||357||178||178|
|71 kg & over||16||32||32||4,0||8,0||8,0||312||156||156|
|Body mass||Total dosage (mℓ)||Divided dose per leg (mℓ)||Doses in 10 ℓ|
|Up to 10 kg||2||4||4||0,5||1,0||1,0||5 000||2 500||2 500|
|11 to 20 kg||4||8||8||1,0||2,0||2,0||2 500||1 250||1 250|
|21 to 30 kg||6||12||12||1,5||3,0||3,0||1 666||833||833|
|31 to 40 kg||8||16||16||2,0||4,0||4,0||1 250||625||624|
|41 to 50 kg||10||20||20||2,5||5,0||5,0||1 000||500||500|
|51 to 60 kg||12||24||24||3,0||6,0||6,0||832||416||416|
|61 to 70 kg||14||28||28||3,5||7,0||7,0||714||357||357|
|71 kg & over||16||32||32||4,0||8,0||8,0||624||312||312|
Blowfly maggots: Clip wool around the wound. Using any suitable applicator apply sufficient Wipe-Out® to lightly cover the affected area and its immediate surroundings (± 10 mℓ). It will be necessary to monitor the area regularly and to retreat the area if necessary.
1 ℓ, 5 ℓ and 10 ℓ HDPE bottles.
Cooper Veterinary Products (Pty) Ltd.
20 Spartan Road, Spartan
Tel: +27 (0) 11 923 9300
DATE OF PUBLICATION OF THIS PACKAGE INSERT
19 December 2002