SOLUTION® 3,5 % L.A. is an antiparasitic remedy for cattle and sheep.
FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY1*
FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
SOLUTION® 3,5% L.A.
Reg. No. G3689 (Act 36/1947)
Namibia Reg. No. V06/18.1.2/651 NS0
An antiparasitic remedy for cattle and sheep.
Contains ivermectin* 2,25 % m/v and abamectin* 1,25 % m/v.
* Macrocyclic Lactone
- Store in a cool, dry place at or below 25 °C.
- Protect from exposure to direct sunlight and moisture.
- Withdrawal period: Cattle must not be slaughtered for human consumption within 120 days of last treatment.
Sheep must not be slaughtered for human consumption within 70 days of last treatment.
- Do not use in dairy cattle.
- Do not administer to calves less than 16 weeks of age.
- Can safely be used in lambs weighing 10 kg or more.
- Do not administer intravenously or intramuscularly.
- Dispose of empty containers according to local waste disposal regulations and do not reuse for any other purpose.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- Vaccination of cattle against Clostridium infections (e.g. black quarter) prior to the treatment with Solution® 3,5% L.A. is recommended.
- Sheep should be vaccinated against pulpy kidney (enterotoxemia) before treatment.
- Do not smoke or eat while handling the product.
- Wash hands after use.
- Store bottle in carton to protect from light.
N.B.: Transitory discomfort has been observed in some animals following subcutaneous administration. A low incidence of soft tissue swelling may be observed at the injection site. These reactions are normal and usually resolve without treatment. Consult your veterinarian if swelling persists.
Studies indicate that when ivermectin comes in contact with the soil, it readily and tightly binds to the soil and becomes inactive over time. Drug containers and any residual content should be disposed of safely in accordance with local waste disposal regulations as free ivermectin may adversely affect fish and certain waterborne organisms.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE – USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
Solution® 3,5% L.A. should be given subcutaneously as a single dose at the recommended dosage level of 1 mℓ per 50 kg body mass (450 µg ivermectin per kg body mass and 250 µg abamectin per kg body mass).
Use sterile equipment and follow aseptic procedures. Do not dilute or mix with any other product.
Use a sterile needle for each animal to be injected.
|50 kg||1 mℓ|
|51 – 100 kg||2 mℓ|
|101 – 150 kg||3 mℓ|
|151 – 200 kg||4 mℓ|
|201 – 250 kg||5 mℓ|
|251 – 300 kg||6 mℓ|
|301 – 350 kg||7 mℓ|
|351 – 400 kg||8 mℓ|
|401 – 450 kg||9 mℓ|
|451 – 500 kg||10 mℓ|
|501 – 550 kg||11 mℓ|
|551 – 600 kg||12 mℓ|
EFFICACY Roundworm species
|Gastrointestinal nematode species||Immature||Adult||Residual activity #|
|Wireworm(Haemonchus placei)||*||*||49 days|
|Brown stomach worm(Ostertagia ostertagi)||*||*||56 days|
|Cattle bankrupt worm (Cooperia spp.)||*||*||42 days|
|Hookworm(Bunostomum phlebotomum)||*||*||56 days|
|Nodular worm(Oesophagostomum radiatum)||*||*||56 days|
|Lung nematode species|
|Gastro-intestinal nematode species||Immature||Adult|
|Bankrupt wormsTrichostrongylus colubriformisNematodirus spathigerStrongyloides papillosusTrichostrongylus vitrines||*||*|
|Brown stomach wormTeladorsagia circumcincta||*||*|
* Controls (> 90 % effective)
# Period between treatment and reinfestation
|Cattle||Controls and prevents reinfestation for|
|Blue ticks(Boophilus spp.)||54 days *|
|* (> 90 % effective) Ectoparasitic mite species|
|**Sheep||Kills and prevents reinfestation for|
|Sheep scab mites(Psoroptes communis ovis)||56 days|
Kills sheep scab mites and controls an outbreak with a single injection.
Sheep scab is a notifiable disease, contact the State Veterinarian.
** All sheep that are injected must be marked to ensure all sheep have been injected.
50 mℓ, 500 mℓ and 1 000 mℓ vials.
The vials are natural polyethylene vials for injection closed with cylindrical bromobutyl rubber stoppers held in place with aluminium flip-off seals packaged in a carton outer container or amber glass vials with a bromobutyl rubber stopper held in place with an aluminium flip-off seal, fitted in a polyethylene cover and packaged in a carton outer container
Intervet South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
20 Spartan Road, Spartan
Tel: +27 (0) 11 923 9300 Fax: +27 (0) 11 392 3158
Burchem Research (Pty) Ltd.
54 Electron Avenue
DATE OF PUBLICATION OF PACKAGE INSERT
24 April 2018