For the treatment of heartwater, tick-borne gall sickness (anaplasmosis), pneumonia, navel ill, joint ill and footrot in stock and strangles in horses.
FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
Reg. No. G3432 (Act 36/1947)
Namibia Reg. No. V04/17.1.2/552 NS0
Long- and short acting oxytetracycline injection.
For the treatment of heartwater, tick-borne gall sickness (anaplasmosis), pneumonia, navel ill, joint ill and foot rot in stock and strangles in horses.
A sterile, stable solution of oxytetracycline. It contains the equivalent of oxytetracycline hydrochloride 135 mg/mℓ (as the magnesium complex).
Store in a cool, dark place below 25 °C.
Long- and short acting dose
- Withdrawal period: Treated animals must not be slaughtered for human consumption within 28 days of last treatment. Milk from treated cows must not be used for human consumption within 7 days of treatment.
- Dispose of any empty containers according to local waste disposal regulations and do not reuse for any other purpose.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE – USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
- Intramuscular, subcutaneous or intravenous injection.
- When injecting intramuscularly, inject into the muscle of the mid-neck area using a needle of not more than 30 mm in length.
- Do not inject more than 20 mℓ at one site.
- Massage the area after injection to enhance absorption and minimise swelling.
- When using the intravenous route, inject slowly and pause if any discomfort is shown.
Note: The long acting dose must be administered by the intramuscular route only.
DOSAGE AND INDICATIONS: Normal Use
|Cattle||Heartwater and tick-borne gall sickness (anaplasmosis)||8 mℓ/100 kg body mass daily for 3 days.|
|Pneumonia, navel ill, foot rot and joint ill||8 mℓ/100 kg body mass daily for 3 days.|
|Horses||Foot rot, navel ill, joint ill, pneumonia and strangles||8 mℓ/100 kg body mass daily for 3 days.|
|Sheep and goats||Heartwater||4 mℓ/50 kg body mass daily for 3 days.|
|Foot rot, pneumonia, navel ill and joint ill||4 mℓ/50 kg body mass daily for 3 days.|
|Pigs||Foot rot and pneumonia||2 mℓ/30 kg body mass daily for 3 days.|
DOSAGE AND INDICATIONS: Long Acting Use (When a higher efficacy and longer action are required)
|Cattle||Heartwater and tick-borne gall sickness (anaplasmosis)||16 mℓ/100 kg body mass. Repeat after 3 days if necessary.|
|Pneumonia, navel ill, foot trot and joint ill||16 mℓ/100 kg body mass. Repeat after 3 days if necessary.|
|Sheep and goats||Heartwater||8 mℓ/50 kg body mass. Repeat after 3 days if necessary.|
|Foot rot, pneumonia, navel ill and joint ill||8 mℓ/50 kg body mass. Repeat after 3 days if necessary.|
N.B. For rapid recovery a prompt and accurate diagnosis is essential. It is, therefore, always advisable to consult your veterinarian for a correct diagnosis.
100 mℓ and 500 mℓ multidose glass vials.
Intervet South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
20 Spartan Road, Spartan
Tel: +27 (0) 11 923 9300
Fax: +27 (0) 11 392 3158
DATE OF PUBLICATION OF THIS PACKAGE INSERT
11 December 2014