Hormone-free growth stimulant for improved body mass gain and feed conversion in sheep of any age and any sex in feedlots and on good grazing plus supplement Do not use for breeding sheep.
FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
Reg. No. G1802 (Act 36/1947)
Hormone-free growth stimulant for improved body mass gain and feed conversion in sheep of any age and any sex in feedlots and on good grazing plus supplement. Do not use in breeding sheep.
Each implant contains Zeranol 12 mg (73,8 % m/m).
Store in a cool place.
- Withdrawal period: Zero days
- Do not use implant area for human or animal consumption.
- Do not use in breeding sheep.
- Implant pellets on the back of the ear only.
- Avoid crushing of pellets.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this product has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE – USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
12 mg (1 implant i.e. 1 pellet)
Administration via the Ralogun®
- Insert the cartridge (with the large hollow axle facing to the back i.e. toward the pistol grip) until it snaps into place.
- Always use a sharp needle as a blunt needle tears tissue and makes proper implanting difficult.
- Wipe the intended puncture site on the backside of the ear with a piece of cotton or gauze moistened with rubbing alcohol.
- Insert the needle of the Ralogun® under the loose skin and above the cartilage on the back side of the ear as shown. After the needle has been inserted its full length under the skin the point of the needle should reach into the pocket under the loose skin near the base of the ear. In this area you can pick up the skin with your fingertips.
- N.B. Avoid damage to blood vessels and cartilage.
- Squeeze the trigger of the Ralogun® to deliver the full dose of Ralgro® Sheep. Keep the trigger depressed while withdrawing the needle to be sure that the Ralgro® Sheep implant remains in position.
- Wipe the needle with cotton or gauze moistened with alcohol or other suitable disinfectant. Do not dip the needle in solution as it could clog the needle.
- Rotate the cartridge in direction indicated by the arrow until a new dose is visible and centred in window.
- The Ralogun® is now ready for next implantation.
Cooper Veterinary Products (Pty) Ltd.
Co. Reg. No. 2002/021376/07
P O Box 46, Isando 1600, RSA
MSD Animal Health
20 Spartan Road, Spartan
Tel: + 27 (0) 11 923 9300
Fax: + 27 (0) 11 392 3158