For use in healthy cattle to aid in the prevention of pinkeye associated with infection by Moraxells bovis strains expressing pili similar to those expressed by isolates referred to be MSD Animal Health as Strains EPP 63, FLA 64 and SAH 38.
FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
MORAXELLA BOVIS BACTERIN
PILIGUARD® PINKEYE-1 TRIVALENT
Reg. No. G2803 (Act 36/1947)
Namibia Reg. No. V03/24.4/755 NS0
For use in healthy cattle to aid in the prevention of pinkeye associated with infection by Moraxella bovis strains expressing pili similar to those expressed by isolates referred to by MSD Animal Health as Strains EPP 63, FLA 64 and SAH 38.
Contains chemically inactivated cultures of Moraxella bovis isolates referred to by MSD Animal Health as strains EPP 63, FLA 64 and SAH 38 in an oil emulsion adjuvant.
- Store between 2 °C and 7 °C.
- Do not freeze.
- Withdrawal period: Do not vaccinate within 60 days prior to slaughter.
- Hypersensitivity reactions may occur with a biological product and can cause temporary reduced milk production in lactating cattle.
- Extreme caution should be used when injecting any oil emulsion vaccine to avoid injecting your own finger or hand. Accidental injection can cause serious local reaction. Contact a physician immediately if accidental injection occurs.
- Use may occasionally lead to development of granulomas which may persist for several weeks.
- Transient local reaction may occur at the injection site. If allergic response occurs, seek veterinary advice.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
Discard any unused product as well as all empty vaccine containers and vaccination equipment according to local waste disposal regulations and do not reuse for any other purpose.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE – USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
Shake well before use.
- The vaccine may be warmed to room temperature prior to injection.
- Inject 2 mℓ subcutaneously or intramuscularly into the neck 3 to 6 weeks prior to onset of pinkeye season.
- Annual revaccination is recommended.
20 mℓ (10 dose) or 100 mℓ (50 dose)
Intervet South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
20 Spartan Road
Spartan, 1619, RSA
Tel: +27 (0) 11 923 9300
Fax: +27 (0) 11 392 3158
21401 West Center Road,
Nebraska 68022-2202, USA
DATE OF PUBLICATION OF THIS PACKAGE INSERT
08 November 2009