For the active immunisation of healthy cats from 8 weeks of age to reduce clinical signs and virus excretion caused by an infection with feline calicivirus and feline rhinotracheitis virus and to prevent clinical signs, virus excretion and leukopenia caused by feline panleukopenia virus.
FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
NOBIVAC® TRICAT TRIO
Reg. No. G3712 (Act 36/1947)
Namibia Reg. No. V97/24.2/895 [NS2]
This vaccine may only be used by or under the supervision of persons registered in terms of section 23(1)(c) of the Veterinary and Para-veterinary Professions Act, 1982 (Act No. 19 of 1982)
For the active immunisation of healthy cats from 8 weeks of age to reduce clinical signs and virus excretion caused by an infection with feline calicivirus and feline rhinotracheitis virus and to prevent clinical signs, virus excretion and leucopenia caused by feline panleucopenia virus.
The duration of immunity is 1 year for the FCV and FVR components; 3 years for the FPLV component.
- The vaccine must be stored in the original container between 2 °C and 8 °C.
- Do not freeze.
- Avoid prolonged or repetitive exposure to high ambient temperatures following withdrawal from the refrigerator prior to use. Under hot summer conditions vaccine potency can be severely reduced within a few hours.
- The Nobivac® Tricat Trio Solvent must be stored between 2 °C and 8 °C.
- Protect from direct sunlight.
This is a combination vaccine with live attenuated strains of feline viral rhinotracheitis virus, strain G2620A, feline calicivirus strain F9 and feline panleucopenia virus strain MW-1 grown in cell culture and presented as a freeze-dried plug. Each vial contains a single dose for reconstitution with solvent.
Each 1 mℓ vial of lyophilised substance contains not less than 5,2 log10 TCID50 feline viral rhinotracheitis (FVR) virus strain G2620A, not less than 4,6 log10 PFU feline calicivirus (FCV) strain F9 and not less than 4,3 log10 TCID50 feline panleucopenia (FPLV) virus strain MW-1.
- A slight temporary swelling may be observed at the site of injection for 1 day. A slight temporary rise in rectal temperature (<40 °C) may occur, while occasionally slight discomfort may be observed during the first day after vaccination.
- Vaccination during pregnancy and lactation is contraindicated.
- Accidental self-injection may lead to severe local allergic reaction. Consult a physician and show this package insert.
- Dispose of any unused vaccine as well as all empty vaccine containers and vaccination equipment according to local waste disposal regulations.
- Do not store partially used containers for future use, and use the entire contents when opened.
- Do not mix with other vaccines.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this vaccine has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- Vaccinate healthy cats only.
- Observe aseptic precautions. Ensure that the vaccination equipment (needles, syringes, etc.) is clean and sterile prior to use.
- Avoid contamination of the vaccine with disinfectants or spirits.
- Dissolve the freeze-dried plug in Nobivac® Tricat Trio Solvent. Allow to reach room temperature before use.
- Ensure that the freeze-dried plug is completely dissolved in Nobivac® Tricat Trio Solvent prior to use of the vaccine.
- Avoid intravenous injection.
- It is good vaccination practice when handling vaccines to avoid contact with the eyes, hands and clothing.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE – USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
- Reconstitute immediately prior to use by the addition of 1 mℓ of Nobivac® Tricat Trio Solvent.
- Administer 1 mℓ of reconstituted vaccine subcutaneously.
- Initial vaccination:
The preferred age of initial vaccination of kittens – 1st dose at 8 to 9 weeks of age and 2nd dose at 12 weeks of age.
A single dose yearly, even though FPLV only needs to be revaccinated every 3 years. The FCV and FVR need to be vaccinated yearly.
- Only healthy cats should be vaccinated, and an adequate clinical examination should be made prior to inoculation.
Nobivac® Tricat Trio and Nobivac® Tricat Trio Solvent are packed in a polyethylene terephthalate (PET) tray containing 5 single doses.
Intervet South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
20 Spartan Road, Spartan
Tel: +27 (0) 11 923 9300
Intervet International B.V.
35 Wim de Körverstraat
Boxmeer, The Netherlands
DATE OF PUBLICATION OF THIS PACKAGE INSERT
20 September 2007