A modified live vaccine for the immunisation of cats against panleukopaenia, rhinotracheitis and calici viruses.
FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
NOBIVAC® FELINE 1-HCP
Reg. No. G3880 (Act 36/1947)
Namibia Reg. No. V04/24.2/907 [NS2]
This vaccine may only be used by or under the supervision of persons registered in terms of or authorised in terms of section 23 (1) (c) of the Veterinary and Para-Veterinary Professions Act, 1982 (Act No. 19 of 1982).
A modified live vaccine for the immunisation of cats against panleukopenia, rhinotracheitis, and calici viruses.
Modified live vaccine containing feline panleukopenia, rhinotracheitis and calici viruses.
- Store between 2 °C and 8 °C.
- Do not freeze.
- DO NOT VACCINATE PREGNANT CATS.
- Vaccinate only healthy, non-parasitised cats.
- Do not mix Nobivac® Feline 1-HCP with other vaccines.
- In the case of accidental human exposure, contact your physician.
- Destroy any unused vaccine and dispose of all the empty vaccine containers and disposable equipment after use in accordance with National Environmental Management:
Waste Act, 2008 (Act No. 59 of 2008).
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this vaccine has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- Observe aseptic precautions. Ensure that all vaccination equipment (containers, syringes and needles) is clean and sterile prior to and during use. Use sterile equipment when administering the vaccine. Use new sterilised needles and syringes.
- Do not use disinfectants or antiseptics to sterilise any equipment.
- It is good vaccination practice when handling the vaccine to avoid contact with the eyes, hands and clothing.
- Wash and disinfect hands after vaccination.
- Adhere to the vaccination programme to obtain optimum results.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke whilst handling the product.
- In cats, fibrosarcoma may develop at the injection site.
- Anaphylactic or hypersensitivity reactions may occur.
- Do not contaminate rivers, dams or any water sources with containers or waste.
Adrenalin, corticosteroids and antihistamines may all be indicated depending on the nature and severity of the reaction.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE – USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
- For vaccination of cats only.
- Transfer the contents of the sterile diluent vial to the Nobivac® Feline 1-HCP vial aseptically.
- Shake until dissolved.
- Use entire contents immediately after rehydration.
- Inject 1 dose (1 mℓ) of rehydrated vaccine subcutaneously or intramuscularly at 9 weeks of age or older and repeat with a second dose 3 to 4 weeks later.
- Cats vaccinated for the first time at 12 weeks of age or older require 2 doses 3 to 4 weeks apart.
- Annual revaccination with 1 dose is recommended.
Polyethylene terephthalate (PET) tray containing 25 x 1 dose (1 mℓ) vials with sterile diluent.
Intervet South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
20 Spartan Road, Spartan
Tel: +27 (0) 11 923 9300
DATE OF PUBLICATION OF THIS PACKAGE INSERT
06 October 2010