For the immunisation of cats against feline rhinotracheitis, calici virus, panleukopenia and feline leukaemia virus. Nobivac® Feline 1-HCP+ FeLV vaccine is a combination vaccine that unites the benefits of Nobivac® Feline 1-HCP and Nobivac® Feline FeLV in one vaccination.
FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
NOBIVAC® FELINE 1-HCP + FeLV
Reg. No. G3881 (Act 36/1947)
This vaccine may only be used by or under the supervision of persons registered in terms of or authorised in terms of section 23 (1) (c) of the Veterinary and Para-Veterinary Professions Act, 1982 (Act No. 19 of 1982).
For use in cats only.
For the immunisation of cats against rhinotracheitis, calici virus, panleukopenia and feline leukaemia virus. Nobivac® Feline 1-HCP + FeLV vaccine is a combination vaccine that unites the benefits of Nobivac® Feline 1-HCP and Nobivac® Feline FeLV in one vaccination.
Nobivac® Feline 1-HCP is a modified live virus vaccine for the vaccination of healthy cats against feline rhinotracheitis, calici virus, panleukopenia.
Nobivac® Feline FeLV is recommended for the vaccination of healthy cats as an aid in the prevention of lymphoid tumors caused by, and diseases associated with feline leukaemia virus (FeLV) infection. Vaccination with Nobivac® Feline 1-HCP + FeLV prevents persistent viraemia in cats exposed to virulent feline leukaemia virus.
Nobivac® Feline FeLV contains a tissue culture derived feline leukaemia virus, Subgroups A and B. Viral antigens have been chemically inactivated and combined with an adjuvant. Gentamicin and amphotericin B are present as preservatives.
- Store between 2 °C and 8 °C.
- Do not freeze.
- DO NOT VACCINATE PREGNANT CATS.
- Vaccinate only healthy, non-parasitised cats.
- In the case of accidental human exposure, contact your physician.
- Dispose of any unused vaccine as well as all empty vaccine containers and vaccination equipment according to local waste disposal regulations.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this vaccine has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- Use new, non-chemically sterilised needles and syringes.
- Wash and disinfect hands after vaccination.
- Care should be taken to avoid direct contact and self-injection.
- Some reports suggest that in cats, the administration of certain veterinary biologicals may induce the development of injection site fibrosarcomas.
- It is important to realise that certain conditions and events may cause some cats to be unable to develop or maintain an adequate immune response following vaccination.
- Prior exposure to the disease or disease latency are conditions in which vaccination will not alter the course of the disease. Therefore, diagnostic testing of all cats for FeLV vaccination is recommended. Also, vaccination with this product will not offer cross-protection against feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV), another feline retrovirus. It is important to advise the cat owner of these situations prior to vaccination.
- Anaphylactic or hypersensitivity reactions may occur.
Antidote: Adrenaline, corticosteroids and antihistamines may all be indicated depending on the nature and severity of the reaction.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE – USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
Shake gently until dissolved.
- For vaccination of cats only.
- Prior to use, warm the Nobivac® Feline FeLV to room temperature and shake gently.
- Transfer the contents of the Nobivac® Feline FeLV vial to the Nobivac® Feline 1-HCP vial aseptically.
- Use the entire contents immediately after rehydration.
- Two doses are required for primary immunisation.
- Initial vaccination: Inject first dose (1 mℓ) subcutaneously or intramuscularly at 9 weeks of age or older.
- Second vaccination: Inject second dose (1 mℓ) subcutaneously or intramuscularly 3 or 4 weeks following the initial vaccination.
- Annual revaccination with one dose is recommended.
10 x 1 dose vials with Nobivac® Feline FeLV as diluent.
25 x 1 dose vials with Nobivac® Feline FeLV as diluent.
Intervet South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
20 Spartan Road, Spartan
Tel: +27 (0) 11 923 9300
21401 West Center Road, Elkhorn
DATE OF PUBLICATION OF THIS PACKAGE INSERT
06 December 2010