A modified live vaccine for the immunisation of healthy dogs against canine distemper, adenovirus type 2, infectious canine hepatitis, canine parainfluenza, canine parvovirus and leptospirosis.
NOBIVAC® CANINE 1-DAPPVL2
Reg. No. G3896 (Act 36/1947)
Namibia Reg. No. V04/24.1/905 [NS2]
This vaccine may only be used by or under the supervision of persons registered in terms of or authorised in terms of section 23 (1) (c) of the Veterinary and Para-Veterinary Professions Act, 1982 (Act No. 19 of 1982).
A modified live vaccine for the immunisation of healthy dogs against canine distemper, adenovirus type 2, infectious canine hepatitis, parainfluenza, parvovirus and leptospirosis.
Modified live vaccine containing canine distemper virus, canine adenovirus type 2, canine parainfluenza virus and canine parvovirus type 2b strain and inactivated Leptospira (L. canicola and L. icterohaemorrhagiae) bacterin.
Maximum moisture content at release: ≤ 5,5 %.
Contains gentamicin and thimerosal as preservatives.
- Store between 2 °C and 8 °C.
- Do not freeze.
- Protect from light.
- DO NOT VACCINATE PREGNANT BITCHES.
- Vaccinate only healthy, non-parasitised dogs.
- Dispose of any unused vaccine as well as all empty vaccine containers and vaccination equipment according to local waste disposal regulations.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this vaccine has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- Use new, non-chemically sterilised needles and syringes.
- Do not mix with other vaccines.
- Anaphylactic or hypersensitivity reactions may occur.
Antidote: Adrenaline, corticosteroids and antihistamines may all be indicated depending on the nature and severity of the reaction.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE – USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
- Transfer the contents of the sterile diluent vial to the Nobivac® Canine 1-DAPPvL2 vial aseptically.
- Mix gently until dissolved.
- Use entire contents immediately after rehydration.
- Inject 1 mℓ of rehydrated vaccine subcutaneously or intramuscularly at 6 weeks of age or older.
- Repeat dosage at 2 to 4 week intervals until the dog is 12 weeks old.
- A minimum of two 1 mℓ doses are required for primary immunisation.
- Although duration of immunity is at least 4 years for distemper, adenovirus (CAV1 and CAV2) and parvovirus, annual revaccination with 1 dose might be considered necessary if the individual risk profile or immune status so determines.
- Annual revaccination with 1 dose is recommended for remaining indications.
25 x 1 dose (1 mℓ) vials with sterile diluent per polyvinyl chloride (PVC) tray.
Carton must be sold as a unit. Do not break seal or open before sale.
Intervet South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
20 Spartan Road, Spartan
Tel: +27 (0) 11 923 9300
Fax: +27 (0) 11 392 3158
DATE OF PUBLICATION OF THIS PACKAGE INSERT
14 December 2010