FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
Reg. No. G2360 (Act 36/1947)
Namibia Reg No. V97/24.3/864 NS0
Nobilis® Coryza is a trivalent inactivated vaccine for the protection of chickens from 5 weeks onwards against Infectious Coryza infection cause by Avibacterium paragallinarum.
Nobilis® Coryza contains Avibacterium paragallinarum serotypes A, B and C.
Each 0,5 mℓ dose of Nobilis® Coryza contains at least 3 x 108 bacteria of the serotypes A, B and C of Avibacterium paragallinarum inactivated with thiomersal and suspended in the aqueous phase of a water-in-oil emulsion.
- Store in the dark between 2 °C and 8 °C.
- Do not freeze.
- Avoid prolonged or repetitive exposure to high ambient temperatures following withdrawal from the refrigerator prior to use.
- Protect from direct sunlight.
- Withdrawal period: Do not market chickens for slaughter purposes for at least 6 weeks after vaccination. Ensure that chickens marketed do not have swellings at the site of vaccine administration, as this may result in the condemnation of the chickens.
- Vaccination of chickens in production may lead to a slight drop in egg production.
- Do not store partially used containers for future use and use the entire contents when opened.
- Opened bottles should be used within 24 hours.
- Accidental self-vaccination may lead to severe local allergic reaction. Consult a physician informing him/her that the vaccine contains a mineral oil.
- Do not mix Nobilis® Coryza with other vaccines.
- Destroy any unused vaccine and dispose of all vaccine containers as per local waste disposal regulations, after vaccination.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this vaccine has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- Vaccinate healthy chickens only.
- Observe aseptic precautions. Ensure that all vaccination equipment (needles, syringes etc.) are clean and sterile prior to and during use.
- Avoid intravenous injection.
- It is necessary to adhere to the vaccination program to ensure a satisfactory immune status.
- It is good vaccination practice when handling the vaccine to avoid contact with the eyes, hands and clothing.
DIRECTION FOR USE – USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
Recommended Vaccination Programme
Nobilis® Coryza should be given to chickens from 5 weeks of age onwards. To achieve a protection in layers and breeders up to 60 weeks of age, revaccination a few weeks before the onset of egg production is required.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- Each chicken should be given 0,5 mℓ of the vaccine subcutaneously into the back of the neck.
- Allow the vaccine to gradually reach room temperature (20 ºC to 25 ºC) prior to use.
- Shake well before use and at regular intervals during the vaccination process.
- Remove the aluminium overseal and the vaccine is ready for use.
- Inject all the chickens in the flock.
In healthy chickens, no clinical reaction to the vaccination will be observed. For some weeks after vaccination a slight swelling may be felt at the site of the vaccination. This does not constitute permanent damage of tissues provided that the vaccination has been carried out subcutaneously and aseptically.
500 mℓ Type I glass vial or a PET- flask closed with a halogenbutyl rubber stopper and sealed with a coded aluminium cap. Each vial is packed in a cardboard box.
Intervet South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
20 Spartan Road
Spartan, 1619, RSA
Tel: +27 (0) 11 923 9300
Fax: +27 (0) 11 392 3158
Intervet International B.V.
Wim de Körverstraat 35
5831 AN Boxmeer, The Netherlands
DATE OF PUBLICATION OF THIS PACKAGE INSERT
4 October 2012
Reg. no: E94/80.23.10/9383
Pharmacological classification: 802310
Distribution category: VMGD