FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
Reg. No. G3491 (Act 36/1947)
Namibia Reg. No. V05/24.3/50 NS0
Nobilis® Corvac-4 is a tetravalent, inactivated whole cell vaccine for the active immunisation of chickens to reduce infection and clinical signs of infectious coryza caused by Avibacterium paragallinarum.
Each dose of 0,5 mℓ contains A. paragallinarum:strain 083 (serotype A) at least 1 CPD70*, strain Spross (serotype B) at least 1 CPD70*, strain H-18 (serotype C) at least 1 CPD70* and strain 48 (serotype variant type B) at least 1 CPD70*, incorporated in a water-in-oil emulsion.
* 70 % chicken protective dose
- Store between 2 °C and 8 °C.
- Do not freeze.
- Withdrawal period: Do not slaughter chickens for human consumption within 6 weeks after vaccination.
- Vaccinate healthy chickens only.
- Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons and animals.
- The product is not intended for use in hens in lay.
- The chickens may be less active five hours after vaccination but return to normal the next day.
- A small transient swelling at the injection site may be observed in the majority of the chickens. This is temporary and will gradually disappear.
- Nobilis® Corvac-4 can be used with Nobilis® IB+ND+EDS (G2613) and Nobilis® IB+ND (G2614) as part of a vaccination programme for chickens. It is however recommended that no other vaccine or other veterinary medical product be administered concurrently with Nobilis® Corvac-4.
- In case of accidental self-injection, seek medical advice immediately and show the package insert or label to the physician.
- Destroy any unused vaccine, for example by burning, and dispose of all vaccine containers after vaccination.
- Although this vaccine has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- Open bottles should be used within 3 hours.
- Observe aseptic precautions. Ensure that all vaccination equipment (needles, syringes, etc.) are clean and sterile prior to use.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and sterile during vaccination.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE – USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
- Allow the vaccine to gradually reach room temperature (20 °C to 25 °C) before use.
- Shake well before use and at regular intervals during the vaccination process.
Recommended vaccination programme
Nobilis® Corvac-4 can be given to chickens from 3 weeks of age onwards with a revaccination before lay. The interval between the vaccinations should be at least 6 weeks.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
Each chicken should be given 0,5 mℓ of the vaccine, subcutaneously.
Polyethylene (PET) vials containing 500 mℓ, sufficient for 1 000 doses, closed with a nitryl rubber stopper and sealed with a coded aluminium cap.
REGISTRATION HOLDER MANUFACTURER
Intervet South Africa (Pty) Ltd. Intervet International B.V.
20 Spartan Road, Spartan 35 Wim de Körverstraat
1619, RSA Boxmeer, The Netherlands
Tel: +27 (0) 11 923 9300
Fax: +27 (0) 11 392 3158
DATE OF PUBLICATION OF PACKAGE INSERT
15 August 2013
Reg. No.: 2012/80.23.17/9677
Category of Distribution: VMGD
Pharmacological Classification: 802317