A vaccine for the active immunisation of healthy cattle and sheep against blackleg, malignant oedema (gas gangrene), bacillary haemoglobinuria, black disease (infectious necrotic hepatitis), hemorrhagic enterotoxaemia and pulpy kidney disease.
FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
Reg. No. G3392 (Act 36/1947)
Namibia Reg. No. V04/24.4/723 [NS0]
Multiclos is a vaccine for the active immunisation of healthy cattle and sheep against blackleg, malignant oedema (gas gangrene), bacillary haemoglobinuria, black disease (infectious necrotic hepatitis), diarrhoea, haemorrhagic enterotoxaemia and pulpy kidney disease.
Multiclosis a water based injectable, including an alum precipitate, containing toxoids obtained from cultures in liquid media of suitable strains of Clostridium septicum, Clostridium novyi type B (also known as Clostridium oedematiens type B), Clostridium sordellii and Clostridium Perfringens type C and D (also known as Clostridium welchii type C and D), as well as anacultures of Clostridium chauvoei and Clostridium haemolyticum (also known as Clostridium novyi type D), inactivated and concentrated in such manner that immunogenic activity is retained.
Although Clostridium perfringens type B is not a component of the vaccine, immunity may be provided against the beta and epsilon toxins produced by Clostridium perfringens type B as a result of the combination of type C (beta toxin) and type D (epsilon toxin) fractions.
- Store between 2 °C – 8 °C in a refrigerator.
- Do not freeze.
- Protect from light.
- Withdrawal period: Do not slaughter animals for human consumption within 21 days after vaccination.
- Vaccinate only healthy cattle and sheep.
- As with all vaccines, occasional hypersensitivity reactions may occur. In such cases, appropriate treatment such as adrenaline and/or antihistamines should be administered without delay.
- As usual, with all vaccines, absolute immunity cannot be guaranteed in all animals. Therefore, it is advisable to consult a veterinarian regarding additional control measures, instead of relying on the vaccine alone.
- Usually, no marked reaction follows vaccination although a transient swelling may appear at the site of inoculation, and some animals may show a moderate rise of temperature for one or two days.
- Destroy any unused vaccine and dispose of all the empty vaccine containers and disposable equipment after use in accordance with National Environmental Management: Waste Act, 2008 (Act No. 59 of 2008).
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this vaccine has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- Only sterile needles and properly sterilised vaccinator should be used. In order to maintain proper hygiene, it is advisable to change to clean sterile needles as frequently as possible.
- In case of long fleece, it is necessary to make sure that the needle has penetrated the skin before injecting the product.
- Do not mix the vaccine with other veterinary medicinal products.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE – USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
SHAKE WELL BEFORE USE.
- Vaccinate by subcutaneous injection.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- For animals that have never been immunised before, 2 doses should be given separated by an interval of 3 to 4 weeks.
- Animals should be revaccinated annually prior to periods of extreme risk or parturition.
- For Clostridium haemolyticum and Clostridium novyi, a booster inoculation should be administered every 5 to 6 months.
- Animals vaccinated before 3 months of age should be revaccinated at weaning or 4 to 6 months of age.
- Immunity is established within 3 to 4 weeks after inoculation, and should last for ± 1 year, except for Clostridium haemolyticum and Clostridium novyi – as indicated above.
Cattle: 5 mℓ subcutaneously.
Sheep: 3 mℓ subcutaneously.
Multiclosis a yellowish liquid with an off-white precipitate, which resuspends on shaking and is packed in polypropylene containers.
Intervet South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
20 Spartan Road, Spartan
Tel: +27 (0) 11 923 9300
DATE OF PUBLICATION OF THIS PACKAGE INSERT
07 January 2004