FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
Reg. No. G3673 (Act 36/1947)
Namibia Reg. No. V06/24.4/184 NS0
For the prophylactic immunisation of cattle against lumpy skin disease.
Each 1 mℓ (1 dose) of the vaccine contains 104 TCID50 of freeze-dried, live, attenuated virus (SIS Neethling-type).
- Store between 2 °C and 8 °C.
- Do not freeze.
- Withdrawal period: Do not slaughter cattle for human consumption within 21 days of vaccination*.
- Vaccinate healthy animals only.
- A temporary decrease in milk production may occur.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this vaccine has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue for a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- Sterilise all equipment before using, by boiling in water for at least 15 minutes. Do not use disinfectants or methylated spirits for sterilising.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and sterile during vaccination.
- Keep the vaccine cool and avoid exposure to direct sunlight and high temperatures during inoculation.
- Destroy any unused vaccine as well as all empty vaccine containers and all vaccination equipment according to local disposal regulations after vaccination.
- Do not store partially used containers for future use, and use the entire contents when opened.
- It is good vaccination practice, when handling the vaccine, to avoid contact with the eyes, hands and clothing.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE - USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.
Use a sterile syringe to transfer approximately 5 mℓ of sterile diluent to the bottle containing the freeze-dried vaccine.
Mix until all the powder is dissolved and then transfer this suspension back to the remaining sterile diluent and again mix well using the sterile syringe.
Shake the bottle before filling the syringe.
Inject 1 mℓ per animal subcutaneously.
* 21 days is a standard withdrawal period set according to South African legislation for all vaccine products. If required by national legislation another withdrawal period may also be licensed e.g. D days.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR USE
- If possible, all animals should be vaccinated during spring.
- Calves from vaccinated cows should be vaccinated at 6 months of age. Calves from unvaccinated cows may be vaccinated at any age.
- Pregnant cows may be vaccinated with LumpyVax®.
- A booster vaccination should be given annually.
- Immunity starts to develop about 10 days after immunisation and animals should be fully protected after 3 weeks. (The vaccine may not necessarily confer absolute immunity to all animals.)
- A small percentage of cattle are naturally immune to lumpy skin disease virus and do not develop antibodies following vaccination. When this occurs, there is no colostrum antibody protection and the calves of these cows may be at risk from an early age.
Vials containing 20 mℓ (20 doses) and 100 mℓ (100 doses).
Intervet South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
20 Spartan Road, Spartan
Tel: +27 (0) 11 923 9300
Fax: +27 (0) 11 392 3158
Design Biologix CC
Meiring Naude Street
DATE OF PUBLICATION OF PACKAGE INSERT
28 September 2017