For dogs and puppies from 2 weeks old. Kills and controls flies, ticks (kennel ticks/brown dog ticks) and fleas for more than 4 weeks.
FOR EXTERNAL ANIMAL USE ONLY
EXSPOT® SPOT-ON FOR DOGS
Reg. No. G2980 (Act 36/1947)
Namibia Reg. No. V03/18.3.3/754 NS0
For dogs and puppies from 2 weeks old.
Kills and controls flies, ticks (kennel ticks/brown dog ticks) and fleas for more than 4 weeks.
Contains: Permethrin 65 % m/v
Store at or below 25 °C.
- Handle with care.
- Do not use on cats as Exspot® Spot-on for Dogs is toxic to cats.
- Exspot® Spot-on for Dogs should not be used on puppies less than 2 weeks old.
- Store away from food and feed.
- Exspot® Spot-on for Dogs is dangerous to fish.
- Do not allow treated animals to go swimming for 12 hours after treatment.
- Do not contaminate ponds, dams or rivers with the product or packaging, but dispose of it safely according to the National Environmental Management Waste Act, 2008 (Act No. 59 of 2008).
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this product has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Prevent contamination of food, drinking water and food utensils.
- Whilst handling Exspot® Spot-on for Dogs, avoid the solution coming into direct contact with your fingers.
- Wash your hands and any splashes immediately after use.
- Do not handle the area of application for 3 to 6 hours after treatment.
- If you are treating a number of dogs, you should protect your hands by wearing gloves.
- Should your dog experience minor irritation on the skin at the site of application, bathe your dog with a mild shampoo. Do not use an insecticidal shampoo.
- Cats should not be allowed to groom your dog where the solution has been applied.
- If this should occur, separate the animals and consult your vet.
- It can be beneficial to apply Exspot® Spot-on for Dogs in the evening, however, you should not let your dog sleep with people especially children directly after treatment.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE – USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
For spot-on use.
- Remove the plastic ampoule from the package and cut the ampoule at the neck to open.
- Apply by parting your dog’s coat on the back between the shoulder blades and to the tips of the ears where flies are a problem.
- Squeeze the solution directly onto the skin.
- Avoid applying the solution to the hair and do not rub into the skin as this will reduce the product’s efficacy.
- For dogs and puppies weighing up to and including 15 kg, for example an adult Cocker Spaniel, apply 1 plastic ampoule (i.e. 1 ml) onto the skin between the shoulder blades and on the ears. For dogs and puppies weighing more than 15 kg, apply 2 plastic ampoules (i.e. 2 x 1 ml).
- Apply 1 ampoule onto the skin between the shoulder blades plus ears and 1 ampoule onto skin on the back at the base of the tail.
EXSPOT® SPOT-ON FOR DOGS SHOULD NOT BE USED ON PUPPIES LESS THAN 2 WEEKS OLD AND SHOULD NOT BE USED ON CATS, AS THIS PRODUCT IS TOXIC TO CATS.
FREQUENCY OF USE
Exspot® Spot-on for Dogs will give your dog more than 4 weeks protection and control against flies, ticks (kennel ticks/brown dog ticks) and fleas. In the case of severe infestation, it is safe to reapply a further treatment 7 days after the initial dose. If your dog gets very wet (i.e. shampooing or swimming) then the protection will be reduced, and you should reapply the solution. Note: the 7-day limit still applies.
2 x 1 mℓ pipettes consisting of a blister film foil lid stock sealed into aluminium sachets.
Intervet South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
20 Spartan Road, Spartan,
Tel: +27 (0) 11 923 9300
DATE OF PUBLICATION OF THIS PACKAGE INSERT
01 August 2012