Ectodex is a dip wash used for the control of demodectic mange, sarcoptic mange, ticks and lice in dogs.
FOR EXTERNAL ANIMAL USE ONLY
Reg. No. G2965 (Act 36/1947)
Namibia Reg. No. V02/18.3.4/662 NS0
This vaccine may only be used by or under the supervision of persons authorised in terms of or authorised in terms of section 23 (1) (c) of the Veterinary and Para-Veterinary Professions Act, 1982 (Act No. 19/1982).
Controls demodectic mange, sarcoptic mange, ticks and lice.
Contains: Amitraz 12,5 % m/v
- Store below 25 °C in a cool dry place.
- Do not freeze.
- Do not use on Chihuahuas.
- Do not use on dogs suffering from heat stress.
- Ectodex is not recommended for use on cats.
- Transient drowsiness may be noted at the demodectic mange dose. Recovery is spontaneous.
- Discard any unused dip wash and all empty containers according to local waste disposal regulations and do not reuse for any other purpose.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- For use on dogs only.
- Wear rubber gloves when diluting and using the dip wash.
- Avoid contact with dip and wash immediately and thoroughly with soap and hot water after accidental contamination.
- Protect product from extreme heat and cold and from dampness.
- Ectodex should not be mixed with any other dip.
- This dip wash must be freshly prepared prior to use.
- Tightly reseal the container if all the contents have not been used.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE – USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
FOR EXTERNAL USE OF DOGS ONLY.
May be used in pregnant and lactating bitches.
Mix the required volume of Ectodex with the specified volume of lukewarm water in a plastic bucket.
|Demodectic mange||40 mℓ||10 ℓ|
|Sarcoptic mange||20 mℓ||10 ℓ|
|Ticks and lice||10 mℓ||10 ℓ|
Demodectic Mange: Repeat treatment 5 to 7 days later until no live mites can be identified, or continue treatment for at least 3 weeks after all clinical signs have subsided.
Sarcoptic Mange: Repeat treatment 7 to 10 days later.
Ticks and Lice: Repeat treatment as necessary.
100 mℓ bottles
Intervet South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
20 Spartan Road, Spartan
Tel: +27 (0) 11 923 9300Fax: +27 (0) 11 392 3158
14 Field Street
DATE OF PUBLCATION OF THIS PACKAGE INSERT