For the treatment of footrot, navel-ill, joint-ill and pneumonia in stock, coccidiosis and bacterial scours in calves and lambs and strangles in horses.
FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
Reg. No. G3212 (Act 36/1947)
Namibia Reg. No. V00/17.1.7/649 NS0
Disulfox L.A. is for the treatment of footrot, navel ill, joint ill and pneumonia in stock, coccidiosis and bacterial scours in calves and lambs and strangles in horses.
INDICATIONS PER TARGET SPECIES
Contains: Sodium sulphadimethoxine 40 % m/v.
Store in a cool dark place.
- Withdrawal period: Do not slaughter animals for human consumption within 7 days of the last treatment.
- Milk from treated cows must not be used for human consumption within 48 hours of last treatment.
- Dispose of empty containers according to local waste disposal regulations and do not reuse for any other purpose.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
N.B. Treated animals must have free access to ample drinking water during treatment and for at least two days after the last treatment.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE – USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
Administer by subcutaneous or intravenous routes.
Massage the injection site to maximise absorption and to minimise swelling.
When using the intravenous route, give the injection very slowly.
Discontinue for a while at the first sight of discomfort. Continue only when all seems normal.
An initial dosage double the maintenance dosage is recommended.
Do not treat for more than 4 days.
N.B. Consult your veterinarian immediately if any uncertainty arises as to the diagnosis or dosage or if little or no improvement is affected by the treatment.
100 mℓ and 500 mℓ glass vial.
Intervet South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
20 Spartan Road
Tel: +27 (0) 11 923 9300
Fax: +27 (0) 11 392 3158
Burchem Research (Pty) Ltd.
54 Electron Avenue, Isando
1619, South Africa
DATE OF PUBLICATION OF THIS PACKAGE INSERT
27 February 2003