Used as a cattle, sheep and goat dip, as well as an ostrich and cattle spray for the prevention and treatment of ectoparasite infestations.
FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
Reg. No. G3279 (Act 36/1947)
Namibia Reg. No. V03/18.3.3/688 NS0
Delete®-X5 is used as cattle, sheep and goat dip, as well as an ostrich and cattle spray for the prevention and treatment of ectoparasite infestations.
- Controls ticks
- Kills cattle lice
- Controls African face flies
- Controls screw-worm infestations
- Kills sheep scab mites
- Kills sheep and goat lice
- Kills sheep keds
- Kills ostrich feather lice
- Controls other nuisance and biting flies on cattle e.g.
- Stable flies
- House flies
- Cattle louse flies
- Black flies
- Tsetse flies
Contains: 5 % Deltamethrin m/v
CAUTION – TOXIC
Store in a cool, dry place below 25 ºC.
|Withdrawal period||Cattle||Sheep & Goats||Ostriches|
- Poisonous by swallowing and inhalation.
- Toxic to bees, other insects and fish.
- Store concentrate in a safe place, away from food and feed.
- Avoid skin contact with concentrate or dipwash, as it may cause irritation.
- In case of accidental skin contamination, wash skin immediately and thoroughly with soap and hot water. Remove and wash contaminated clothing.
- Avoid breathing spray mist.
- In case of poisoning call a doctor and make this package insert available to him.
- Dispose of empty containers according to local waste disposal regulations and do not reuse for any other purpose.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- Do not mix with any other spray or dip.
- Wash hands thoroughly before eating, drinking or smoking.
- Prevent contamination of food, utensils, drinking water, rivers, dams, grazing, etc.
- Destroy all empty containers as per local waste disposal regulations.
- Clean applicator, receptacles, etc. thoroughly before re-using for any other materials.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE – USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
Shake well before use.
- Dilute the required quantity of Delete®-X5 per 1 000 ℓ of water, as indicated in the table.
- No boosting of spraywash is necessary.
- Check the efficiency of the sprayrace before spraying.
- Ensure thorough wetting of animals.
- Spray against lie of hair.
After cleaning and calibration of the plunge dip, make a pre-mixing of the required quantity of Delete®-X5 (according to the charging dose). Distribute the pre-mix along the length of the dip. To ensure a perfect emulsion, first pass 25 mixer animals through the dip.
After animals have passed through, and, in case, as soon as the dip volume has fallen by 10 % of its initial volume, topping up should be carried out, adding the necessary quantity of water and Delete®-X5.
- General instructions
- Before starting dipping, stir thoroughly.
- Ensure that the 25 mixer animals are redipped during the course of dipping.
- Ensure that the animals are neither tired nor thirsty before treatment.
- Do not treat the animals during the hot hours of the day.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
|Parasites to be treated||Quantity of Delete®-X5 needed per 1 000 ℓ of water|
|Spray treatment||Plunge Dip treatment|
|Ticks/Flies||500 mℓ||500 mℓ||750 mℓ|
|Lice||250 mℓ||250 mℓ||375 mℓ|
|Sheep scab/Mites||1 000 mℓ||1 000 mℓ||1 500 mℓ|
Plunge Dip Treatment for Tick & Fly control
Use 500 mℓ of Delete®-X5 per 1 000 ℓ of water, as indicated in the table.
Use 750 mℓ of Delete®-X5 to 1 000 ℓ of replenishment water.
Water may be replaced as and when necessary.
DO NOT ADD CONCENTRATE during replenishment with water.
Note: 1 ℓ Delete®-X5 will replenish sufficient dipwash to dip approximately 533 cattle.
Frequency of treatment recommended
|• Ticks||Repeat treatment according to level of infestation.|
|• Flies||Repeat treatment according to level of fly challenge.|
|• Lice||Only one treatment is needed usually.|
|•Mites, Cattle mange & Sheep scab*||For curative treatment, two treatments at an interval of 8 to 10 days should be made if mites are present. For routine treatment, a single treatment every six months is recommended.|
*Sheep scab is a notifiable disease and treatment of suspected or confirmed outbreaks must be under government supervision.
Prevention of post-dipping lameness
Add 1 kg zinc sulphate crystals to 1 000 ℓ dipwash and repeat this at the end of each day’s dipping.
Prevention of lumpy wool
Add 1 kg zinc sulphate crystals to 400 ℓ dipwash and repeat this at the end of each day’s dipping.
1 ℓ, 5 ℓ and 10 ℓ plastic bottles.
Each bottle contains an orange-yellow, clear solution.
Intervet South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
20 Spartan Road, Spartan
Tel: +27 (0) 11 923 9300
Fax: +27 (0) 11 392 3158
Nulandis (Pty) Ltd.
14 – 20 Field Street, Lilianton
Boksburg, Gauteng, South Africa
DATE OF APPROVAL OF THIS PACKAGE INSERT
6 July 2005