Used as a cattle, sheep and goat dip, as well as an ostrich and cattle spray for the prevention and treatment of ectoparasite infestations.
FOR EXTERNAL ANIMAL USE ONLY
Reg. No. G3279 (Act 36/1947)
Namibia Reg. No. V03/18.3.3/688 NS0
Delete®-X5 is used as cattle, sheep and goat dip, as well as an ostrich and cattle spray for the prevention and treatment of ectoparasite infestations.
Kills cattle lice
Controls African face flies
Controls screw-worm infestations
Kills sheep scab mites
Kills sheep and goat lice
Kills sheep keds
Kills ostrich feather lice
|Controls other nuisance and biting flies on cattle e.g.|
Cattle louse flies
Contains: 5 % Deltamethrin m/v
Store in a cool, dry place at or below 25 ºC.
Store concentrate in a safe place, away from food and feed.
- Withdrawal period
Sheep & Goats: meat- 4 days.
- Poisonous by swallowing and inhalation.
- Toxic to bees, other insects and fish.
- Avoid skin contact with concentrate or dipwash, as it may cause irritation.
- In case of accidental skin contamination, wash skin immediately and thoroughly with soap and hot water. Remove and wash contaminated clothing.
- Avoid breathing spray mist.
- In case of poisoning call a doctor and make this package insert available to him.
- Dispose of empty containers according to local waste disposal regulations and do not reuse for any other purpose.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- DO NOT MIX WITH ANY OTHER SPRAY OR DIP.
- Avoid contact of the product with the eyes, skin and mouth.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke whilst handling the product.
- Dispose of any containers, disposable equipment and any other waste after use, in accordance with National Environmental Management: Waste Act, 2008 (Act No. 59 of 2008) and do not reuse for any other purpose.
- Do not store unused containers for future use.
- Do not contaminate rivers, dams or any water sources with containers or waste.
- Clean applicator, receptacles, etc. thoroughly before reusing for any other materials.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE – USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
SHAKE WELL BEFORE USE.
- Dilute the required quantity of Delete®-X5 per 1 000 ℓ of water, as indicated in the table.
- No boosting of spray wash is necessary.
- Check the efficiency of the spray race before spraying.
- Ensure thorough wetting of animals.
- Spray against lie of hair.
After cleaning and calibration of the plunge dip, make a pre-mixing of the required quantity of Delete®-X5 (according to the charging dose).
Distribute the premix along the length of the dip.
To ensure a perfect emulsion, first pass 25 mixer animals through the dip.
After animals have passed through, and, in case, as soon as the dip volume has fallen by 10 % of its initial volume, topping up should be carried out, adding the necessary quantity of water and Delete®-X5.
- General instructions
Before starting dipping, stir thoroughly.
Ensure that the 25 mixer animals are redipped during the course of dipping.
Ensure that the animals are neither tired nor thirsty before treatment.
Do not treat the animals during the hot hours of the day.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
|Parasites to be treated||Quantity of Delete®-X5 needed per 1 000 ℓ of water|
|Spray treatment||Plunge Dip treatment|
|Ticks/Flies||500 mℓ||500 mℓ||750 mℓ|
|Lice||250 mℓ||250 mℓ||375 mℓ|
|Sheep scab/Mites||1 000 mℓ||1 000 mℓ||1 500 mℓ|
Plunge Dip Treatment for Tick & Fly control
Use 500 mℓ of Delete®-X5 per 1 000 ℓ of water, as indicated in the table.
Use 750 mℓ of Delete®-X5 to 1 000 ℓ of replenishment water.
Water may be replaced as and when necessary.
DO NOT ADD CONCENTRATE during replenishment with water.
Note: 1 ℓ Delete®-X5 will replenish sufficient dipwash to dip approximately 533 cattle.
Frequency of treatment recommended
|Ticks||Repeat treatment according to level of infestation.|
|Flies||Repeat treatment according to level of fly challenge.|
|Lice||Only one treatment is needed usually.|
|Mites, Cattle mange & Sheep scab*||For curative treatment, two treatments at an interval of 8 to 10 days should be made if mites are present. For routine treatment, a single treatment every six months is recommended.|
* Sheep scab is a controlled disease in terms of the Animal Diseases Act (Act 35/1984). The occurrence or suspicion of this disease must be reported to the responsible state veterinarian immediately.
Prevention of post-dipping lameness
Add 1 kg zinc sulphate crystals to 1 000 ℓ dipwash and repeat this at the end of each day’s dipping.
Prevention of lumpy wool
Add 1 kg zinc sulphate crystals to 400 ℓ dipwash and repeat this at the end of each day’s dipping.
1 ℓ, 5 ℓ and 10 ℓ plastic bottles.
Each bottle contains an orange-yellow, clear solution.
Not all pack sizes may necessarily be marketed.
Intervet South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
20 Spartan Road, Spartan
Tel: +27 (0) 11 923 9300