Ready to use pour-on for cattle, sheep and goats.
FOR EXTERNAL ANIMAL USE ONLY
COOPERS DECA-SPOT® 0,5 % POUR-ON
Reg. No. G G4240 (Act 36/1947)
Namibia Reg. No. V03/18.3.3/434 [NS0]
Ready-to-use pour-on for cattle, sheep and goats.
• Residual action
• Non-systemic action
- Controls ticks.
- Controls stable flies, horn flies, cattle louse flies and nuisance flies, e.g. house flies.
- Kills lice (biting and sucking).
- Protects against black flies.
- Easy application along backline.
Sheep and goats
- Controls Karoo paralysis, bont-legged and red-legged ticks.
Contains: Deltamethrin 0,50 % m/v
Piperonyl butoxide 2,0 % m/v
- Keep container in a cool well-ventilated area.
- Store away from food and feed.
- Tightly reseal the container if all the contents have not been used.
- Withdrawal period: None for meat and milk.
- DO NOT USE ON CALVES/LAMBS UNDER 1 MONTH OF AGE.
- Pyrethroid pour-ons may cause irritation. It is suggested that a group of 10 animals be treated first and observed for an hour before treating the rest of the herd.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this vaccine has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- Avoid contact of the product with the eyes, skin and mouth.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke whilst handling the product.
- Dispose of any containers, disposable equipment and any other waste after use, in accordance with National Environmental Management: Waste Act, 2008 (Act No. 59 of 2008) and do not reuse for any other purpose.
- Do not store unused containers for future use.
- Do not contaminate rivers, dams or any water sources with containers or waste.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE – USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
SHAKE WELL BEFORE USE.
• Ticks, flies and lice:
Dose: 1 mℓ/10 kg.
Apply along the backline, from the shoulder to the root of the tail, using a measuring dispenser.
In case of heavy brown ear or blue tick challenge, apply Coopers Deca-Spot® 0,5 % Pour-On from the base of the skull to the root of the tail. Treat at regular intervals according to tick challenge. The longer the product is regularly applied, the more the tick population is reduced. It will then become possible to apply at intervals greater than 7 days.
For black fly (Simulium spp.) apply also to ears and underline. Repeat as required according to challenge.
For control of nuisance flies and stable flies, use 2-3 treatments at weekly intervals. Thereafter, use according to challenge.
Sheep and goats
Environmental conditions and parasite challenge can influence treatment intervals.
Dose for optimal residual action = 1 mℓ/5 kg.
• Karoo paralysis ticks
Divide the full dose per animal into 4 equal parts. Apply one part onto each axilla and groin region, whilst the animal is turned over in a sitting position.
Angora goats: repeat after approximately 2 weeks.
Dorper sheep: repeat after approximately 4 weeks.
Merino sheep: repeat after approximately 6 weeks.
Treat at regular intervals according to tick challenge.
• Bont-legged and red-legged ticks
The dosage should be divided into 3 equal parts and applied to the axillae, groin and anogenital regions. Treat sheep at regular intervals of approximately 3-4 weeks or as necessary, according to tick challenge.
How to use the applicator
Remove the cap of the calibrated chamber. Without removing the remaining cap, squeeze the container until the correct dosage volume is present in the calibrated chamber, and apply as prescribed.
Polyethylene bottles with tamper proof screw caps in 200 mℓ, 500 mℓ, 1 ℓ, 5 ℓ and 20 ℓ.
Not all pack sizes may necessarily be marketed.
Cooper Veterinary Products (Pty) Ltd.
20 Spartan Road
Tel: +27 (0) 11 923 9300
DATE OF PUBLICATION OF THIS PACKAGE INSERT
2 March 2004