Mannheimia (Pasteurella) haemolytica vaccine for cattle.
FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
Reg. No. G3002 (Act 36/1947)
Namibia Reg. No. V02/24.4/689 NS0
The vaccine reduces the incidence of morbidity and mortality caused by undifferentiated bovine respiratory disease (pasteurellosis) associated with M. (Pasteurella) haemolytica.
This vaccine is also recommended for inclusion in a vaccination programme for feedlot cattle at processing.
Cell free supernatant of Mannheimia (Pasteurella) haemolytica biotype A serotype 1/17 leukotoxin vaccine for cattle.
For optimal use, consult your veterinarian.
- Store in a refrigerator between 2 °C and 8 °C.
- Do not freeze.
- Protect from direct sunlight.
- For use in cattle only.
- For use in cattle from 3 months of age.
- Dispose of any unused vaccine, as well as all empty vaccine containers and vaccination equipment, according to local waste disposal regulations.
- Do not store partially used vaccine for later use.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this vaccine has been tested under a variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue for a range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE – USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
- The vaccine can be used safely in dairy, extensive beef, cattle feedlot and stud animals older than 3 months of age.
- Use sterile needles and syringes and aseptic procedures.
- Where chemical sterilisation is used for needles and syringes, they must be thoroughly rinsed in boiled, cooled water before reuse, to ensure that the vaccine antigens are not destroyed by the disinfectant.
- Ensure that the vaccine is kept cool and away from direct sunlight while administering.
- A Bovi-Tect P booster vaccination must be administered after 10 to 21 days for an optimal immune response.
1 mℓ per animal, administered subcutaneously.
10 mℓ (10 doses), 20 mℓ (20 doses) or 100 mℓ (100 doses) HDPE (plastic) vial containing the M. haemolytica leukotoxin component.
Intervet South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
20 Spartan Road, Spartan
Tel: +27 (0)11 923 9300
Fax: +27 (0)11 392 3158
DATE OF PUBLICATION OF THIS PACKAGE INSERT
8 August 2019