For increased milk production in healthy, well-nourished adult cows.
FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
Reg. No. G2320 (Act 36/1947)
Only for use by or under the supervision of persons registered in terms of or authorised in terms of section 23 (1) (c) of the Veterinary and Para-Veterinary Professions Act, 1982 (Act 19 of 1982).
Boostin is an injectable long-acting bovine somatotropin used to increase milk production in well-nourished and properly managed dairy cows from the time of peak lactation to drying off.
Boostin increases the efficiency of milk production in lactating dairy cows by increasing the quantity of milk produced without altering the normal composition of milk. Bovine somatotropin is a natural protein produced by the pituitary gland and promotes the use of nutrient energy for milk production.
Each 2 mℓ cartridge contains 500 mg recombinant bovine somatotropin.
- Store between 2 °C and 8 °C.
- Do not freeze.
- Withdrawal period: Do not administer to dairy cows earlier than 60 days after calving. Do not administer to cows during the first lactation.
- Ensure that the injection site is clean and dry. Administer only by subcutaneous injection.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and inform the registration holder.
Warm cartridges by hand immediately before injection.
DIRECTION FOR USE – USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
- Administer the contents of 1 full cartridge (500 mg bovine somatotropin) subcutaneously every 14 days.
- Dispose of empty containers/cartridges and all unused contents according to local waste disposal regulations.
- Refer to the diagram below for instructions on loading the cartridge into the injector.
Diagram: Assembly of the cartridge and injector
25 x 2 mℓ cartridges
Intervet South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
20 Spartan Road, Spartan
Tel: +27 (0) 11 923 9300
Fax: +27 (0) 11 392 3158
129, Seokam-ro, Iksan-si, Jeollabuk-Do
DATE OF PUBLICATION OF THIS PACKAGE INSERT
12 January 2017