Product Details - BERENIL® R.T.U.
Reg. No. G2702 Act 36/1947
Namibia: S0 Reg. No. V00/17.4.2/638
Diminazene 0,07 g per ml.
Berenil® R.T.U. cures and prevents Redwater in cattle and cures biliary fever in dogs and horses. Prevents Asiatic (European) Redwater for 2 weeks and African Redwater for 4 weeks. Berenil ® R.T.U is also effective against infections caused by Trypanosomas.
Milk – None
- Do not slaughter animals for human consumption within 21 days of last treatment.
- After overdosing or repeated dosing, toxic disturbances of the central nervous system may develop.
- Dogs must be injected strictly according to body mass at 0,1 ml/2 kg. The prescribed dose should not be exceeded or repeated under any circumstances.
- Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons and animals.
- Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
Directions for Use: Use only as directed
Cattle and horses: Inject intramuscularly in horses and cattle or subcutaneously in cattle only. Dosage is 3,5 mg/kg of body mass. It is recommended that a total dose of 4,0 g (57 ml) active Berenil® R.T.U. should not be exceeded even in the case of heavier animals.
Application for cattle and horses is done preferably by deep intramuscular injection. When high doses of Berenil® R.T.U. are applied, it is best to apply the injections at different locations in order to avoid local pain.
Dogs: The recommended dosage is 0,1 ml per 2 kg body mass injected intramuscularly or subcutaneously. This dosage must not be exceeded. In this case inject only once. If the animal does not recover after one injection consult a veterinarian for further treatment.
Suggested uses of Berenil® R.T.U. in the prevention of Redwater:
- Protection of susceptible cattle being moved through a Redwater area: Inject Berenil® R.T.U. at recommended dosage to prevent Asiatic (European) Redwater for 2 weeks and African Redwater for 4 weeks.
- Controlling a Redwater outbreak in a cattle herd: Inject all cattle with Berenil® R.T.U. at recommended dosage. This should stop further cases of Redwater within 24 hours and cure affected animals if not terminally ill.
- Protection of stud animals at shows where the immune state of the animals to Redwater is uncertain: Use Berenil® R.T.U. at recommended dosage to prevent Redwater for the periods as mentioned in number 1 above. Keeping the animals tick free reduces chances of Redwater transmission following these periods.
- Routine treatment of cattle arriving at feedlots: The use of Berenil® R.T.U. in this case renders protection as explained in number 1 above. Cure of animals already affected by Redwater may be expected, provided they are not terminally ill. The control of ticks on cattle at time of arrival should be coupled to the process.
- Vaccine warning: Should a bovine be treated for Redwater with Berenil® R.T.U., the animal should not be vaccinated against Asiatic Redwater for 1 month, and against African Redwater for 2 months after treatment. If Berenil® R.T.U. has been used to suppress a Redwater vaccine reaction, re-vaccination of the treated animals is necessary. If immunity to Asiatic Redwater is required, re-vaccination after 1 month is recommended. If immunity to African Redwater is required, re-vaccination after 2 months is recommended.
Product should be stored below 25 ºC, protected from sunlight. Berenil® R.T.U. is stable for two years if stored under these conditions. At 40 ºC the product is stable for 6 months, and at 50 ºC for 6 weeks.
Bottles of 20 ml and 100 ml.
Intervet S.A. (Pty) Ltd
Co. Reg. No. 1991/006580/07