FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
VAXSAFE® MS VACCINE
Reg. No. G3497 (Act 36/1947)
Only for use by or under the supervision of persons registered in terms of or authorized in terms of section 23 (1) (c) of the Veterinary and Para-Veterinary Professions Act, 1982 (Act 19 of 1982).
An aid in the control of airsacculitis and synovitis in broiler breeder and layer pullets caused by Mycoplasma Synoviae.
Live attenuated Mycoplasma Synoviae, strain MS-H Living 2,4 x 106 ccu/dose.
- Long term storage, store below -70 °C.
- Short term storage (maximum 4 weeks), store below -18 °C.
- Withdrawal period: Zero days
- Vaccinate healthy chickens only.
- Do not vaccinate pullets younger than 2 weeks of age.
- Do not refreeze the vaccine after thawing.
- Thawed vaccine must be used as supplied.
- Do not vaccinate Mycoplasma Synoviae (MS) positive chickens.
- Dispose of any unused vaccine as well as all empty vaccine containers and vaccination equipment according to local waste disposal regulations
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this vaccine has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- This vaccine contains live organisms.
- Correct storage and administration is essential for successful results.
- Thaw only sufficient vaccine for immediate use (within 3 hours).
- Protect the thawed vaccine from direct sunlight, antiseptics and heat.
- Do not dilute the vaccine.
- It is good vaccination practice to avoid contact with the eyes, hands and clothing when handling the vaccine.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE – USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
Individual vaccination via the eye drop method
Thaw vials rapidly in tepid water (no warmer than 37 °C) and use immediately. Mix the contents of the vial thoroughly by gentle shaking.
Insert a dropper fitting, which will deliver about 30 µℓ of vaccine, onto the plastic vial. A dropper supplying 33 drops/mℓ will supply 30 µℓ per drop. Hold each chicken with the head tilted to one side. Gently flood the eye with 1 drop (about 30 µℓ) of vaccine. Allow the fluid to spread across the eye and for the chicken to swallow before releasing it.
Vaccinate all the chickens in the flock. Vaccination need only be done once. Revaccination is neither needed nor recommended. Vaccinate pullets between 6 and 14 weeks of age.
Vaxsafe® MS Vaccine is supplied frozen in a 30 mℓ plastic peel top eyedropper vial, sufficient for 1 000 doses via eye drop method.
Protect A Chick CC
Portion 254, S62
MSD Animal Health (Pty) Ltd.
20 Spartan Road, Spartan
Tel. +27 (0) 11 923 9300
Fax. +27 (0) 11 392 3158