FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
Reg. No. G1742 (Act 36/1947)
Namibia Reg. No. V03/17.1.7/516 NS0
Trivetrin® Injection is effective against a wide range of gram-positive and gram-negative organisms
including Staphylococcus (including most penicillinase-producing strains), Streptococcus, Salmonella, E. coli, Haemophilus, Proteus, Pasteurella, Klebsiella and Enterobacter.
Trivetrin® Injection is indicated for the treatment of bacterial infections of the respiratory tract, urinary tract, genital tract and alimentary tract. Trivetrin® Injection is also highly effective in the treatment of foot rot, severe mastitis, bacterial agalactia of sows and the treatment of wound infections and septicaemia.
Each 1 mℓ contains: Sulfadoxine 200 mg and Trimethoprim 40 mg. Preservative: Diethanolamine 3 mg.
- Store below 25 °C in a cool, dark place.
- Do not freeze.
WARNINGS • Withdrawal periods - Tissues
Cattle: 9 days Pig: 8 days
Sheep: 14 days
Horse: 10 days
Cattle: 3 days/72 hours
Sheep/Goats: 4,5 days/108 hours
Do not use in horses producing milk for human consumption.
- Trivetrin® Injection is not suitable for cats and kittens.
- Do not administer to animals with a history of sulphonamide sensitivity or showing marked liver parenchymal damage.
- Do not use Trivetrin® Injection in conjunction with detomidine hydrochloride.
- Do not administer subcutaneously.
- Dispose of any empty containers, needles and syringes as per local waste disposal regulations and do not reuse for any other purpose.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE - USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.
Dosage and Administration route
Cattle, sheep and pigs: Intramuscular injection
May be given by slow intravenous injection in cases of acute infection. Consult your veterinarian. Dogs and horses: Slow intravenous injection only.
Normal: 1 mℓ/16 kg body mass daily (15 mg/kg)
Severe infection: 1 mℓ/10 kg body mass daily (24 mg/kg)
Occasionally local swellings of a temporary nature may develop at injection sites.
KNOWN SYMPTOMS OF OVERDOSAGE
100 mℓ amber glass vial containing a clear solution.
Intervet South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
20 Spartan Road, Spartan
Tel: +27 (0) 11 923 9300 Fax: +27 (0) 11 392 3158
Vet Pharma Friesoythe GmbH
26169 Friesoythe, Germany
DATE OF PUBLICATION OF THIS PACKAGE INSERT
31 January 2018
Zimbabwe registration number: E94/80.22.20/9359
Pharmacological classification: 802220
(Sulphonamides and sulphonamide combinations)
Distribution category: PP (Vet)