For the treatment of bacterial infections of the respiratory tract, urinary tract, genital tract and alimentary tract. It is also highly effective in the treatment of footrot, severe mastitis, bacterial agalactia of sows and the treatment of wound infections and septicaemias.
FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
Reg. No. G1742 (Act 36/1947)
Namibia Reg. No. V03/17.1.7/516 NS0
Trivetrin® Injection is effective against a wide range of gram-positive and gram-negative organisms
including Staphylococcus (including most penicillinase-producing strains), Streptococcus, Salmonella, E. coli, Haemophilus, Proteus, Pasteurella, Klebsiella and Enterobacter.
Trivetrin® Injection is indicated for the treatment of bacterial infections of the respiratory tract, urinary tract, genital tract and alimentary tract. Trivetrin® Injection is also highly effective in the treatment of foot rot, severe mastitis, bacterial agalactia of sows and the treatment of wound infections and septicaemia.
Each 1 mℓ contains: Sulfadoxine 200 mg and Trimethoprim 40 mg. Preservative: Diethanolamine 3 mg.
- Store below 25 °C in a cool, dark place.
- Do not freeze.
WARNINGS • Withdrawal periods – Tissues
Cattle: 9 days Pig: 8 days
Sheep: 14 days
Horse: 10 days
Cattle: 3 days/72 hours
Sheep/Goats: 4,5 days/108 hours
Do not use in horses producing milk for human consumption.
- Trivetrin® Injection is not suitable for cats and kittens.
- Do not administer to animals with a history of sulphonamide sensitivity or showing marked liver parenchymal damage.
- Do not use Trivetrin® Injection in conjunction with detomidine hydrochloride.
- Do not administer subcutaneously.
- Dispose of any empty containers, needles and syringes as per local waste disposal regulations and do not reuse for any other purpose.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE – USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.
Dosage and Administration route
Cattle, sheep and pigs: Intramuscular injection
May be given by slow intravenous injection in cases of acute infection. Consult your veterinarian. Dogs and horses: Slow intravenous injection only.
Normal: 1 mℓ/16 kg body mass daily (15 mg/kg)
Severe infection: 1 mℓ/10 kg body mass daily (24 mg/kg)
Occasionally local swellings of a temporary nature may develop at injection sites.
KNOWN SYMPTOMS OF OVERDOSAGE
100 mℓ amber glass vial containing a clear solution.
Intervet South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
20 Spartan Road, Spartan
Tel: +27 (0) 11 923 9300 Fax: +27 (0) 11 392 3158
Vet Pharma Friesoythe GmbH
26169 Friesoythe, Germany
DATE OF PUBLICATION OF THIS PACKAGE INSERT
31 January 2018
Zimbabwe registration number: E94/80.22.20/9359
Pharmacological classification: 802220
(Sulphonamides and sulphonamide combinations)
Distribution category: PP (Vet)