FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
TRI – DOSE ORAL
Reg. No. G3103 (Act 36/1947)
Namibia Reg. No. V02/18.1.3/651 NS0
Liver fluke, immature conical fluke, nasal worm and roundworm remedy for sheep and goats with residual action against reinfestation of wireworm and hookworm.
Contains: Closantel 5 % m/v
Store in a cool dry place.
- Withdrawal period: Meat - 30 days.
- Not for use on milk goats whose milk is intended for human consumption.
- Do not administer to Angora goats before they have been weaned.
- Tri-Dose Oral should not be administered more often than 7 weekly.
- Handle with care. Poisonous if swallowed or inhaled.
- Any unused solution can be stored safely for later use. Do not reuse if solution is unclear.
- Dispose of any empty containers and unclear solution as per local waste disposal regulations and do not reuse for any other purpose.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- It is recommended that all sheep and goats be vaccinated against pulpy kidney disease (enterotoxaemia) before any worm remedy is dosed.
- Wash hands thoroughly after use.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE - USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
Shake well before use.
Sheep and goats: 1 mℓ/5 kg livemass.
(50 mg closantel/5 kg live mass ≈ 10 mg/kg)
|Livemass (in kg)||Dose (in mℓ)||Number of doses in pack|
|200 mℓ||1 ℓ||5 ℓ|
- Nasal worm (Oestrus ovis) – Controls the first, second, and third stage larvae.
- Conical fluke – Aids in the control of immature stages.
- Liver fluke
|Stage of liver fluke|
|4 weeks||6 weeks||8 weeks||Adult|
|Giant Liver Fluke
( F. gigantica )
- Round worms
|Large mouthed bowel worm||*||*|
- Residual Efficacy
|Worm Species||Residual Action||Efficacy|
Definition *Controls (≥ 90 % effective)**Aids in the control (60 to 89 % effective)
5 ℓ Polyethylene container.
Intervet South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
20 Spartan Road
Tel: +27 (0) 11 923 9300
Fax: +27 (0) 11 392 3158
Burchem Research (Pty) Ltd.
54 Electron Rd, Kempton Park
1619, South Africa
DATE OF PUBLICATION OF THIS PACKAGE INSERT
14 August 2002