FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
Reg. No. G2192 (Act 36/1947)
Namibia Reg. No. V96/24.4/502 NS0
For the active immunisation of sheep and goats against pulpy kidney disease (enterotoxaemia).
Contains alum-precipitated Clostridium perfringens type D toxoids.
- Store between 2 ºC and 8 ºC.
- Do not freeze.
- Protect from light.
- Withdrawal period: Do not slaughter animals for human consumption within 7 days of vaccination.
- Usually no marked reaction follows vaccination although a transient swelling may appear at the site of inoculation, and some animals may show a moderate rise in temperature for 1 or 2 days.
- Dispose of any unused vaccine as well as all empty vaccine containers and vaccination equipment at the end of each day’s operation according to local waste disposal regulations.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this vaccine has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE - USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
- Shake bottle well before use and repeat from time to time during the vaccination process.
- If possible use a separate, sharp, sterile needle for each animal.
- Administer the vaccine subcutaneously on the side of the neck midway between the shoulder and the head.
- Sheep not previously vaccinated should be given 2 injections of vaccine, with an interval of 4 to 6 weeks.
- Lambs can be immunized from 3 months of age. Administer a second dose 4 to 6 weeks later.
- An annual booster injection should be given to the whole flock 2 to 6 weeks before the ewes are due to lamb.
- Lambs born from ewes vaccinated before lambing are protected for 12 to 16 weeks by the antibodies passed in the colostrum.
- It is sound practice to reinoculate vaccinated sheep shortly before the period of greatest risk.
Note: Lambs younger than 2 months and animals in poor condition, infested with parasites or suffering from other diseases will not immunise well.
Sheep and goats of all ages - 1 mℓ subcutaneously
Off-white suspension containing formalinised, alum-precipitated Clostridium perfringens type D (epsilon) toxoids.
100 mℓ (100 doses) multidose vials.
250 mℓ (250 doses) multidose vials.
Intervet South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
20 Spartan Road, Spartan
Tel: +27 (0) 11 923 9300
Fax: +27 (0) 11 392 3158
DATE OF PUBLICATION OF THIS PACKAGE INSERT
23 January 1996