Reg. No. G. 3936 (Act 36/1947)
Porcilis® PCV is for the active immunisation of pigs, to reduce the virus load in blood and lymphoid tissues and to reduce the weight loss associated with PCV2 infection occurring during the fattening period.
Onset of immunity: 2 weeks
Duration of immunity: 22 weeks
- Store between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
- Protect from direct sunlight.
- Shelf-life after first opening the container: 8 hours.
Porcine Circovirus type 2 ORF2 subunit antigen: ≥ 4.5 log2 ELISA units per 2 mℓ.
The vaccine may contain traces of Gentamycin which is used during manufacturing.
- Pigs may be slaughtered for human consumption directly after cessation of treatment.
- Vaccinate only healthy animals.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Do NOT mix with any other vaccine or immunological product.
- No information is available on the compatibility of this vaccine with any other vaccine. Therefore the safety and efficacy of this product when used with any other product (either when used on the same day or at different times) has not been demonstrated.
- Although this vaccine has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
To the user:
- This product contains mineral oil. Accidental injection/self-injection may result in severe pain and swelling, particularly if injected into a joint or a finger, and in rare cases could result in the loss of the affected finger if prompt medical attention is not given.
- If you are accidentally injected with this product, seek prompt medical advice even if only a very small amount is injected and take the package insert with you.
- If pain persists for more than 12 hours after medical examination, seek medical advice again.
To the physician:
This product contains mineral oil. Even if small amounts have been accidentally injected, this product can cause intense swelling, which may, for example, result in ischaemic necrosis and even the loss of a digit. Expert, PROMPT, surgical attention is required and may necessitate early incision and irrigation of the injected area, especially where there is involvement of finger pulp or tendon.
Pregnancy and lactation:
The safety of product has not been established during pregnancy or lactation.
- Only healthy pigs should be vaccinated.
- Observe aseptic precautions. Ensure that the vaccination equipment (needles, syringes, etc.) are clean and sterile prior to use.
Directions for Use:
- USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.
- The vaccine is a liquid and ready to use product.
- Before using the vaccine allow it to reach room temperature (15°C - 25°C) and shake well before use.
- Use sterile syringes and needles.
- Avoid introduction of contamination.
- Avoid use of vaccination equipment with rubber parts.
Administer one dose (2mℓ), by intramuscular injection in the neck in the area behind the ear, according to the following schedule:
The first injection (2mℓ) can be given from an age of 3 days, second injection (2mℓ) 2-3 weeks later.
PET vials of 100mℓ. Vials are closed with a rubber stopper and sealed with a coded aluminium cap.
Intervet South Africa (Pty) Ltd
Co. Reg. No. 1991/006580/07
2 Spartan Road,
Tel: +27 (0) 861 838 838