Reg. No. G 2295 Act 36/1947
Porcilis® APP is a vaccine for the active immunisation of weaner pigs as an aid in the control of pleuropneumonia caused by Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae.
- Store in the dark between 2 ºC and 8 ºC. Do not freeze.
- Avoid prolonged and repetitive exposure to high ambient temperatures following withdrawal from the refrigerator prior to use.
- Protect from direct sunlight.
The vaccine is based on an outer membrane protein (OMP) and three toxoids (detoxified APX I, APX II and APX III) produced by Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae strains.
Each dose of vaccine contains 50 units APX I, 50 units APX II, 50 units APX III and 50 units OMP as the active ingredients. The antigens are suspended in an aqueous adjuvant. The vaccine contains 0,02 % formaldehyde as a preservative.
- There is no withdrawal time.
- Do not freeze.
- Destroy any unused vaccine by, for example burning, and dispose of all vaccine containers after vaccination.
- Do not store partially used containers for future use, and use the entire contents once opened.
- Do not mix the vaccine with other vaccines.
- Shake well before use.
- Use within 10 hours of opening.
- After vaccination pigs may show a mild systemic reaction with fever, dullness and anorexia. If they have a full stomach at the time of vaccination, vomiting may sometimes occur. Temporary mild swelling at the injection site may occur in some pigs. These reactions disappear within 24 hours post vaccination.
- Accidental self-injection may lead to severe allergic reaction. Should this occur, consult a physician.
- Keep out of reach of children and uninformed persons.
- Although this vaccine has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- Vaccinate healthy pigs only.
- Observe aseptic precautions. Ensure that the vaccination equipment (needles, syringes, etc.) are clean and sterile prior to use.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and sterile during vaccination.
- Avoid intravenous injection.
- It is good vaccination practice when handling the vaccine, to avoid contact with the eyes, hands and clothing.
Directions for Use:
- Use only as directed.
- Allow the vaccine to reach room temperature (20 ºC to 25 ºC) gradually before use.
Maximum protection should be achieved before the start of the fattening period. Pigs can be vaccinated from the age of 6 weeks. Two vaccinations at a minimum interval of 4 weeks are required. It is advisable to vaccinate pigs at 6 and 10 weeks of age.
Dosage and Administration:
The vaccine has to be administered deep intramuscularly behind the ear at a dose of 2 mℓ.
After vaccination pigs show a mild systemic reaction with fever, dullness and anorexia. If they have a full stomach at the time of vaccination, vomiting may sometimes occur. Temporary mild swelling at the injection site may occur. These reactions disappear within 24 hours post vaccination.
Glass bottles containing 50 doses (100 mℓ).
Intervet South Africa (Pty) Ltd
Co. Reg. No. 1991/006580/07
20 Spartan Road,
Tel: +27 (0) 861 838 838