Reg. No. G2514 Act 36/1947
Namibia Reg. No. V05/24.5/457
Porcilis® AR-T is an inactivated vaccine for the vaccination of sows and gilts in order to protect the progeny, by maternally derived antibodies transferred via the colostrum, against Atropic Rhinitis and is therefore an aid in protecting piglets against the clinical manifestations of the disease.
- Store in the dark between 2 ºC and 8 ºC. Do not freeze.
- Allow the vaccine to reach room temperature (20 ºC to 25 ºC) gradually before use.
- Avoid prolonged and repetitive exposure to high ambient temperatures.
- Protect from direct sunlight.
Porcilis® AR-T is an inactivated vaccine containing a detoxified Pasteurella multocida dermonecrotic toxin and a suspension of a Bordetella bronchiseptica strain, selected for AR-pathogenicity. Each 2 mℓ dose of Porcilis® AR-T contains 1,80 µg of detoxified Pasteurella multocida dermonecrotic toxin and a suspension of 1010 bacteria of a Bordetella bronchiseptica strain. The antigens are suspended in the aqueous phase of a water-in-oil emulsion.
- Shake the bottle prior to and regularly during application.
- Destroy any unused vaccine by, for example, burning and dispose of all vaccine containers after vaccination.
- Opened bottles if not used within 3 hours, should be destroyed.
- Do not store partially used containers for future use, and use the entire contents once opened.
- Do not mix with other vaccines.
- After vaccination a temporary swelling at the site of injection and slight hyperthermia may occur.
- Accidental self-injection may lead to a severe allergic reaction. Consult a physician immediately informing him/her that the vaccine contains a mineral oil.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN AND UNINFORMED PERSONS.
- Although this vaccine has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- Vaccinate healthy pigs only.
- Observe aseptic precautions. Ensure that the vaccination equipment (needles, syringes, etc.) are clean and sterile prior to use.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and sterile during vaccination.
- Avoid intravenous injection.
- It is good vaccination practice when handling the vaccine, to avoid contact with the eyes, hands and clothing.
Directions for Use:
USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.
Shake vigorously before use.
Breeding stock, that has not been vaccinated before should be given a primary vaccination, followed by a secondary vaccination. The interval between these vaccinations should be 6 weeks. No further vaccination is needed for a period of 3 months after the secondary vaccination. However, after this 3 month period, pregnant sows should be re-vaccinated 2 to 3 weeks before subsequent farrowings.
Pigs newly introduced into the farm, not previously vaccinated, should be given the primary vaccination immediately.
After the first three vaccinations of each sow or gilt according to the above-mentioned program, one may switch over to re-vaccinate pregnant sows between 2 weeks and 4 ½ weeks before subsequent farrowings. This program makes it possible to vaccinate all the breeding stock present on a farm at the same time.
Dosage and Administration
Sows and Gilts at any age or mass: 2 mℓ by deep intramuscular injection behind the ear.
Note: Allow the vaccine to reach room temperature (20 ºC to 25 ºC) and shake vigorously before use. Ensure the vaccination equipment is clean and sterile before use.
Immunity and Vaccination Reaction
Challenge and field experiments have shown that piglets of sows vaccinated with Porcilis® AR-T are protected against the clinical manifestations of the disease. To maintain a satisfactory immune status in a sow herd it is essential to adhere to the vaccination program.
No harmful reactions have been reported, although a temporary swelling at the site of injection and slight hyperthermia and some decrease of liveliness may occur. Local tissue reactions may occur. The risk of abortion is so small as to be negligible.
Vials containing 50 mℓ (25 doses).
Intervet South Africa (Pty) Ltd
Co. Reg. No. 1991/006580/07
20 Spartan Road,
Tel: +27 (0) 861 838 838