Reg. No. G2328 Act 36/1947
Namibia Reg. No. V96/24.4/506
Duovax® is a colourless liquid with an off-white precipitate which resuspends on shaking. It contains formalised, inactivated alum-precipitated toxoids of clostridium chauvoei and clostridium botulinum types C1 + 2 and D.
Combined Botulism and Blackquarter (Quarter Evil) vaccine for the active immunisation of cattle, sheep and goats against Botulism and Blackquarter
- DO NOT SLAUGHTER ANIMALS FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION WITHIN 7 DAYS OF VACCINATION.
- Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons and animals.
- In animals immunised for the first time immunity develops two weeks after the second injection. Immunity can, however, not be guaranteed in all animals.
- Although this vaccine has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- Occasionally some individual farm animals, on certain farms, may show shock reactions shortly after injection of the vaccine.
- A small swelling may occur at the site of inoculation.
Directions for Use: Use only as directed.
- Cattle, sheep and goats 2 ml.
- Calves should be immunised before they are weaned i.e. at 4 - 5 months and a second injection must be administered 4 - 6 weeks later.
- Lambs and kids can be immunised from 3 months of age and a second injection must be administered 4-6 weeks later.
- After these two initial injections every animal must receive a single booster injection annually.
- Sterilise syringes and needles by boiling in water for at least 15 minutes.
- Do not use disinfectants or methylated spirits for sterilising either needles or syringes.
- Use a separate needle for each animal.
- Shake the bottle well each time before filling the syringe.
- Avoid exposure to high temperatures and direct sunlight during inoculation.
Store the vaccine in a refrigerator at 4ºC to 8ºC. Do not freeze. Protect from light. Do not use after the expiry date.
150 ml bottle with 75 doses.
Intervet S.A. (Pty) Ltd
Co. Reg. No. 1991/006580/07