For the immunisation of cattle, sheep and goats against Black Quarter (Quarter Evil).
FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
COOPERS® BOTULISM + BLACK QUARTER
Reg. No. G2549 (Act 36/1947)
Combined Botulism and Black Quarter (Quarter Evil) vaccine.
For the active immunisation of cattle, sheep and goats against Botulism and Black Quarter (Quarter Evil).
Coopers® Botulism + Black Quarter vaccine is a colourless liquid with an off-white precipitate which resuspends on shaking. It contains formalinised, alum-precipitated toxoids of Clostridium chauvoei and Clostridium botulinum types C1 + 2 and D.
- Store between 2 °C and 8 °C.
- Do not freeze.
- Protect from light.
- Shake well before use.
- Withdrawal period: Do not slaughter animals for human consumption within 21 days after vaccination.
- Dispose of any unused vaccine as well as all empty vaccine containers and vaccination equipment according to local waste disposal regulations at the end of each day’s operations, as under field conditions it may be difficult to avoid accidental contamination of the vaccine.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this vaccine has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- Occasionally some individual farm animals, on certain farms, may show shock reactions shortly after injection of the vaccine.
- A transient swelling may occur at the site of inoculation.
- Goats should be vaccinated under the loose skin underneath the tail. Do not vaccinate goats in the neck.
- Sterilise syringes and needles by boiling in water for at least 15 minutes.
- Do not use disinfectants or methylated spirits for sterilising either needles or syringes.
- Use a separate needle for each animal.
- Avoid exposure to high temperatures and direct sunlight during inoculation.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE – USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
The bottle should be shaken well before doses are withdrawn.
Cattle – 2 mℓ subcutaneous.
Sheep – 2 mℓ subcutaneous.
Goats – 2 mℓ subcutaneously in the loose skin under the tail.
Calves should be immunised before they are weaned i.e. at 4 to 5 months and a second injection must be administered 4 to 6 weeks later.
Lambs and kids can be immunised from 3 months of age and a second injection must be administered 4 to 6 weeks later.
After these two initial injections every animal must receive a single booster injection annually.
100 mℓ bottle.
Cooper Veterinary Products (Pty) Ltd.
20 Spartan road
Spartan, 1619, RSA
Tel: +27 (0) 11 923 9300
Fax: +27 (0) 11 392 3158