This modified live vaccine reduces the incidence of morbidity and mortality caused by Mannheimia haemolytica , BHV-1 (IBR) and BVDV Type 1.
FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
Reg. No. G3211 (Act 36/1947)
Namibia Reg. No. V03/24.4/684 NS0
The vaccine is to be used in cattle only.
The combination vaccine reduces the incidence of morbidity and mortality caused by undifferentiated bovine respiratory diseases (pasteurellosis) associated with M. (Pasteurella) haemolytica, BHV 1 (infectious bovine rhinotracheitis – IBR) and BVDV 1.
This vaccine is recommended for inclusion in a vaccination programme of feedlot cattle at processing.
Mannheimia (Pasteurella) haemolytica biotype A serotype 1/17 cell-free supernatant leukotoxin vaccine for cattle, excluding dairy herds and pregnant animals, to be used in conjunction with modified live bovine herpes virus 1 (BHV 1) (IBR) and bovine virus diarrhoea virus 1 (BVDV 1), supplied in a separate smaller glass vial labeled Bovi-Tect III IBR/BVD component. For optimum usage consult your veterinarian.
- Store in a refrigerator between 2 °C and 8 °C.
- Do not freeze.
- Protect from direct sunlight.
- NOT FOR USE IN PREGNANT ANIMALS OR DAIRY HERDS.
- For use in cattle from 3 months of age.
- Dispose of any unused vaccine as well as all empty vaccine containers and vaccination equipment according to local waste disposal regulations.
- Do not attempt to store partially used vaccine for later use.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this vaccine has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE – USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
- Use sterile needles and syringes and aseptic procedures.
- Where chemical sterilisation of needles and syringes is practiced, rinse needles and syringes in boiled, cooled water before reuse, to ensure that the modified live virus components are not destroyed by the disinfectant.
- Ensure that the vaccine is kept cool. Protect vaccine from direct sunlight while administering.
- A Bovi-Tect II booster vaccine is recommended after 10 to 21 days for an optimal immune response.
For the 100 mℓ pack size – draw up 2 to 3 mℓ of the M. (Pasteurella) haemolytica leukotoxin component from the large 100 mℓ vial and inject into the smaller 7 mℓ glass vial containing the modified live viruses. Aspirate contents and transfer back into the large 100 mℓ vial. Mix gently to distribute the viruses evenly through the liquid.
For the 10 mℓ pack size – draw up 2 to 3 mℓ of the M. (Pasteurella) haemolytica leukotoxin component from the 10 mℓ vial and inject into the 7 mℓ glass vial containing the modified live viruses. Aspirate contents and transfer back into the 10 mℓ vial. Mix gently to distribute the viruses evenly through the liquid.
* Note: the contents of the 7 mℓ glass vials for the 10 mℓ and 100 mℓ pack sizes are not interchangeable.
1 mℓ of the combination vaccine per animal, administered subcutaneously.
A 10 mℓ (10 doses) or 100 mℓ (100 doses) HDPE (plastic) vial containing the liquid M. haemolytica leukotoxin component and a 7 mℓ glass vial containing freeze-dried viruses.
Intervet South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
20 Spartan Road, Spartan
Tel: +27 (0) 11 923 9300
Fax: +27 (0) 11 392 3158
Design Biologix CC
Meiring Naude Street
DATE OF PUBLICATION OF THIS PACKAGE INSERT
17 October 2019