FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
Reg. No. G1593 (Act 36/1947)
Namibia Reg No. V93/24.4/520 NS0
Combined blackquarter-anthrax vaccine for the active immunisation of cattle, sheep and goats against anthrax and blackquarter (Quarter Evil).
Contains a suspension of living spores of uncapsulated avirulent strain (Sterne 34F2) of Bacillus anthracis in alum-precipitated Clostridium chauvoei vaccine.
- Store between 2 °C and 8 °C.
- Protect from light.
- Do not freeze.
- Since the immune response to the anthrax component depends on multiplication of the living organisms after injection, the administration of antibacterial drugs should be avoided wherever possible from shortly before and until 2 weeks after vaccination.
- As with all vaccines occasional hypersensitivity reactions may occur. In such cases consult a veterinarian.
- Usually no marked reaction follows vaccination although a transient swelling may appear at the site of inoculation and an animal may show a rise in body temperature for 1 or 2 days.
- Dispose of any unused vaccine as well as all vaccine containers and vaccination equipment according to local waste disposal regulations.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this vaccine has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE - USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.
Cattle, sheep and goats: 2 mℓ by subcutaneous injection.
The bottle should be shaken well before each dose is withdrawn.
Animals should first be vaccinated at 6 months of age and annually thereafter. In areas where animals younger than 6 months of age become infected, earlier vaccination may be carried out but if calves, lambs or kids less than 3 months old are vaccinated a second dose should be given 6 weeks later to ensure an adequate immune response.
In areas where animals are likely to be subjected to continued exposure to infection, vaccination every 6 months may be advisable.
Under normal conditions, annual revaccination will usually suffice. Careful vaccination technique is required to ensure correct delivery. A two handed technique with pinching of the skin and injection under the fold is recommended (tenting method).
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION
Can be used during pregnancy and lactation.
A yellowish liquid with an off-white precipitate which resuspends on shaking.
Polypropylene containers capped with synthetic rubber stoppers and aluminium seals.
150 mℓ (75 doses)
Intervet South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
20 Spartan Road, Spartan
Tel: +27 (0) 11 923 9300
Fax: +27 (0) 11 392 3158
Barros Arana 5402
DATE OF PUBLICATION OF PACKAGE INSERT
25 July 2012