FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
Reg. No. G3745 (Act 36/1947)
Namibia Reg. No. V07/18.1.2/376 NS0
Ready to use pour-on for the control of roundworms and blue ticks in cattle.
This product is primarily indicated for dairy animals. This product is not ideal to use in cases of heavy tick burdens or during peak tick-seasons.
Contains: Abamectin 5 mg/mℓ.
Please note that this product acts systemically after application along the top line of the animal. The active ingredient is absorbed through the skin and in order for it to control ticks, the ticks need to bite and take a blood meal from an animal treated with abamectin. For this reason the product is designed to control blue tick numbers and not to prevent tick-borne diseases. When the tick population has been controlled through regular/strategic application of this product, the risk of tick-borne diseases may significantly decrease.
- Store in a cool, dry place below 25 °C.
- Keep away from open flames.
- Withdrawal period: Do not slaughter cattle for human consumption within 35 days of last treatment.
Milk: Zero days.
- Do not apply the product on dogs or other animal species.
- Do not use in animals younger than 4 months.
- Do not treat recovering, weak or stressed animals.
- Do not administer the product orally or by injection.
- Do not apply on animals with skin lesions.
- It is not recommended to treat animals on extremely hot or rainy days.
- Keep animals away from open flames during and immediately after application of the product.
- Avoid use of electrical equipment e.g. livestock prodders on the animal during and immediately after application of the product.
- This product is toxic to fish. Do not contaminate ponds, rivers and other water sources.
- Dispose of empty containers according to local waste disposal regulations and do not reuse for any other purpose. Empty containers should not be burned.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- Avoid contact with the product. If skin contact occurs, remove contaminated clothing and wash skin thoroughly.
- Use protective gloves when handling the product.
- The product should only be used with an Avotan® Pour-On
- Do not store with food, drink, medication or household products.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE - USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.
- The product is flammable. Please refer to WARNINGS.
- Dosage: 1 mℓ/10 kg body weight (500 µg abamectin/kg).
- Pour the recommended amount of Avotan® Pour-On along the top line, on a concentrated area along the rump or lumbar area (middle of the back to the base of the tail).
- For long-haired animals (e.g. during winter months), it is recommended that Avotan® Pour-On is applied against the grain of the hair directly onto the skin.
- Roundworm Species
Gastrointestinal nematode species
Brown stomach worm
Cattle bankrupt worm
Pulmonary nematode species
* Controls (> 90 % effective)
Controls (> 90 % effective) blue ticks (Boophilus spp.) on cattle. Intervals between treatments are dependent on the tick infestation on the farm.
Plastic containers of 1 ℓ, 5 ℓ, and 20 ℓ pack sizes.
Intervet South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
20 Spartan Road, Spartan
Tel: +27 (0) 11 923 9300
Fax: +27 (0) 11 392 3158
Burchem Research (Pty) Ltd.
54 Electron Avenue,
Isando, South Africa, 1609
DATE OF PUBLICATION OF PACKAGE INSERT
3 November 2010