Ready-to-use pour-on for use in cattle for the control of blue ticks, horn flies and gastrointestinal roundworm in cattle.
FOR EXTERNAL ANIMAL USE ONLY
AVOTAN® PLUS POUR-ON Reg. No. G4216 (Act 36/1947)
INDICATIONS Ready-to-use pour-on for use in cattle for the control of blue ticks, horn flies and gastrointestinal roundworm in cattle. Avotan® Plus Pour-On has residual efficacy of 42 days against Rhipicephalus (Boophilus) spp. (blue ticks) in cattle.
COMPOSITION Contains: Abamectin 1,0 % m/v and fluazuron 2,5 % m/v.
- Store at or below 30 °C in a dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Flammable. Keep away from open flames.
- Use the product within 21 days of opening.
- Withdrawal period: Do not slaughter cattle for human consumption within 54 days of last treatment.
- Do not use on lactating cattle where milk is intended for human consumption.
- Do not slaughter calves less than 10 months of age which have suckled on treated cows.
- Do not use in animals younger than 4 months.
- Only use the appropriate dosages, as recommended for this product.
- Do not treat recovering, weak or stressed animals.
- Do not administer the product orally or by injection.
- Do not apply on animals with skin lesions.
- It is not recommended to treat animals on extremely hot or rainy days.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- Avoid contact with the product. If skin contact occurs, remove contaminated clothing and wash skin thoroughly.
- Wear protective gloves.
- If the product comes into contact with your eyes, rinse them with abundant running water.
- Dispose of empty containers in a safe manner and do not reuse for any other purpose. Empty containers should not be burned, but disposed of according to local waste disposal regulations.
- This product is toxic to fish. Do not contaminate ponds, rivers, other water sources or the environment.
- Do not store with food, drinks, medication or household products.
- In the event of accidental ingestion, do not induce vomiting, rather drink lots of water and seek medical care immediately and show this package insert to the physician.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE – USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
Avotan® Plus Pour-On is a ready-to-use remedy.
Do not dilute or use with any other remedy.
Dosage: 1 mℓ/10 kg body weight (equivalent to 1,0 mg abamectin and 2,5 mg fluazuron/kg body weight) administered to cattle as a pour-on.
Pour the recommended amount of product along the top line, on a concentrated area along the rump-/lumbar area (middle of the back to the base of the tail).
For long-haired animals (e.g. during winter months), it is recommended that Avotan® Plus Pour-On is applied against the grain of the hair directly onto the skin.
Treatment with Avotan® Plus Pour-On can be repeated as per the herd’s reinfestation or as recommended by the veterinarian.
Avotan® Plus Pour-On is indicated for the control of gastrointestinal nematodes in cattle:
|1. Gastrointestinal nematode species||Immature||Adult|
|Wireworm (Haemonchus placei)||*||*|
|Nodular worm (Oesophagostomum radiatum)||*||*|
|Stomach bankrupt worm (Trichostrongylus axei)||*||*|
|Bankrupt worm (Trichostrongylus colubriformis)||*||*|
|Cattle bankrupt worm (Cooperia spatulata)||*||*|
*Controls (> 98 % effective)
Avotan® Plus Pour-On is an acaricide which controls (> 90 % effective) blue ticks (Rhipicephalus decolorates and Rhipicephalus microplus) on cattle. It prevents the development of blue tick (Rhipicephalus decoloratus) eggs, larvae and nymphae to the adult stage.
Residual efficacy: 42 days against Rhipicephalus (Boophilus) spp. (blue ticks) in cattle.
Controls horn flies (Haematobia irritans) on cattle.
1 ℓ plastic (HDPE) containers. REGISTRATION HOLDER
Intervet South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
20 Spartan Road, Spartan
Tel: +27 (0) 11 923 9300
Fax: +27 (0) 11 392 3158
54 Electron Rd,
DATE OF PUBLICATION OF THIS PACKAGE INSERT
06 March 2017