Product Details - NOBILIS ND C2Reg. No. G2872 Act 36/1947
Nobilis® ND C2 is a live freeze-dried vaccine, indicated for the primary vaccination of fowls at one day of age or older against Newcastle Disease.
Each dose of Nobilis® ND C2 contains at least 106 EID50 of live, attenuated Newcastle disease virus (NDV) strain C2. The virus is propagated in specific pathogen free eggs.
- Withdrawal period: 21 days
- Vaccinate healthy fowls only.
- Accidental contact of vaccine with human eyes could lead to a transient conjunctivitis.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN AND UNINFORMED PERSONS.
- IMMUNISATION WITH THIS VACCINE ALONE WILL NOT PROVIDE SUFFICIENT PROTECTION AGAINST VIRULENT NEWCASTLE DISEASE. THE VACCINE SHOULD BE USED AS A PRIMARY VACCINATION IN DAY-OLD CHICKS TO REDUCE THE SEVERITY OF REACTIONS EXPERIENCED WHEN MORE VIRULENT NEWCASTLE DISEASE VACCINE STRAINS ARE SUBSEQUENTLY USED.
- It is advisable to vaccinate all susceptible fowls on the farm at the same time. If this is not feasible, strict separation of vaccinated and unvaccinated fowls should be done, to prevent the spread of the vaccine virus to the unvaccinated fowls.
- Destroy any unused, reconstituted vaccine, empty vaccine containers, needles, etc. for example by burning after completion of the vaccination.
- Protect the reconstituted vaccine from direct sunlight.
- Although this vaccine has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- Do not mix the vaccine with other vaccines.
- Use according to the number of doses as indicated on the label.
- Use the entire contents of vial when first opened.
- If the spray method is used for the administration of the vaccine, ensure that there is no iron, chlorine or disinfectants in the water.
- All containers used for reconstitution and administration of the vaccine, must be clean and free from rust and traces of detergents and disinfectants.
- Do not use the contents of damaged vials.
- It is good vaccination practice when handling the vaccine to avoid contact with the eyes, hands and clothing.
- Wash and disinfect hands and equipment after vaccination.
- Observe aseptic precautions. Ensure that all vaccination equipment is clean and sterile prior to use.
- Do not store partially used containers for future use.
Directions for Use
USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.
- Do not open and reconstitute the vaccine until ready to start vaccination.
- Reconstituted vaccine should be used within 3 hours after reconstitution.
The vaccine may be administered by spray or eyedrop application
A. Spray Method
The vaccine should be dissolved in cool, clean, non-chlorinated water which is free from iron and chlorine. The vials of freeze-dried vaccine should be opened under water. The spray apparatus should be free from sediments, corrosion and traces of disinfectants (dedicated for use for vaccination purposes only).
The vaccine medicated water should be sprayed evenly over the correct number of fowls, at a distance of 30 to 40 cm, preferably when the fowls are sitting together in dim light.
Dissolve 1000 doses per 250 – 500 mℓ of water and set the nozzle to produce fine droplets falling like fine rain.
B. Eyedrop Application
Dissolve the vaccine in the Nobilis Diluent Oculo-Nasal (or physiological saline solution) and administer by means of standardised dropper (usually 30 mℓ per 1000 doses). The drop should be allowed to spread evenly across the surface of the eye. The diluent contains a dye (patent blue) which allows an easy check on the correct vaccination.
Do not release the fowl until a swallowing motion is noticed.
The vaccine is safe for use as a primary vaccination from 1 day of age onwards.
The optimum time and method of the first administration and revaccination with a secondary vaccine depends largely upon the local situation. Therefore, the advice of a veterinary surgeon should be sought.
Duration and intensity of the immune reaction and the establishment of a solid immunity are dependent on the possible presence of maternal antibodies and in general on the health and condition of the fowls. Hygiene and management are also important in the post vaccination period.
Store in the dark between 2 °C and 8 °C. Do not freeze.
Avoid prolonged or repetitive exposure to high ambient temperatures following withdrawal from the refrigerator prior to use.
Protect from exposure to direct sunlight.
Vials containing 500, 1000, 2500, 5000, 10 000 or 25 000 doses.
Intervet S.A. (Pty) Ltd
Co. Reg. No. 1991/006580/07