Product Details - BLANTHRAX
Reg. No. G1593 Act 36/1947
Namibia Reg. No. N-SR 0887
Combined blackquarter-anthrax vaccine.
For the active immunisation of cattle, sheep and goats against anthrax and blackquarter (quarter evil).
Contains a suspension of living spores of uncapsulated avirulent strain (Sterne 34F2) of Bacillus anthracis in alum-precipitated Clostridium chauvoei vaccine.
- Since the immune response to the anthrax component depends on multiplication of the living organisms after injection, the administration of antibacterial drugs should be avoided wherever possible from shortly before and until 2 weeks after vaccination.
- Part-used containers should be disposed of at the end of each day’s operation, as under field conditions it may be difficult to avoid accidental contamination of the vaccine.
- As with all vaccines occasional hypersensitivity reactions may occur. In such cases consult a veterinarian.
- Usually no marked reaction follows vaccination although a transient swelling may appear at the site of inoculation and an animal may show a rise of temperature for 1 or 2 days.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this vaccine has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
Directions for use
USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.
All animals: 2 mℓ
- The bottle should be shaken well before doses are withdrawn.
- Administration by subcutaneous injection.
- Animals should first be vaccinated at 6 months of age and annually thereafter.
- In areas where animals younger than 6 months of age become infected, earlier vaccination may be carried out but if calves, lambs or kids under 3 months old are vaccinated a second dose should be given 6 weeks later to ensure an adequate immune response.
- In areas where animals are likely to be subjected to continued exposure to infection, vaccination every 6 months may be advisable.
- Under normal conditions, annual revaccination will usually suffice.
Pregnancy and lactation
Can be used during pregnancy and lactation.
Store between 2 °C and 8 °C, protected from light.
DO NOT FREEZE.
150 mℓ (75 doses)
Intervet S.A. (Pty) Ltd
Co. Reg. No. 1991/006580/07